Men's Tennis Takes Down Northern Arizona, 6-1
Feb. 27, 2002
TEMPE, Ariz. - The Arizona State men's tennis team (4-2) won all three doubles matches and five of the six singles matches for an easy 6-1 win over Northern Arizona today at the Gene Autry Park in Mesa, Arizona.
The Sun Devils swept the doubles portion for the first point of the dual. In singles play, Matt Klinger won on the No. 1 court in straight sets over Daniel Lundstrom, 6-4, 6-2, while Pim Van Mele defeated Jeff Johnson, 6-3, 6-2 on the No. 2 court. Clinton Letcher boosted his singles record to 9-1 with a 6-4, 6-1 victory over Jeremy Coll on the No. 3 court. NAU picked up its lone win on the No. 6 court where Adrian Venturi defeated Rodney Rapson, 6-4, 6-3.
Up next, the Sun Devils head south to Tucson for a Pac-10 dual against the University of Arizona on Friday, March 1 at 1:30 p.m.
1. Matt Klinger (ASU) def. Daniel Lundstrom (NAU), 6-4, 6-2
2. Pim Van Mele (ASU) def. Jeff Johnson (NAU), 6-3, 6-2
3. Clinton Letcher (ASU) def. Jeremy Coll (NAU), 6-4, 6-1
4. Olivier Charroin (ASU) def. Jonathon John (NAU), 6-1, 6-3
5. Chris Stewart (ASU) def. Thibault Schram (NAU), 7-5, 6-4
6. Adrian Venturi (NAU) def. Rodney Rapson (ASU), 6-4, 6-3
1. Mitchell Bowen/Klinger (ASU) def. John/Lundstrom (NAU), 8-1
2. Letcher/Van Mele (ASU) def. Johnson/Venturi (NAU), 8-2
3. Charroin/Jonathan Stott (ASU) def. Coll/Schram (NAU), 8-5
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 11:00am PTLive
TODAY | 3:30pm PTLive