No. 9 Women's Tennis Comes Up Short Against No. 3 Stanford, 5-2
March 8, 2002
TEMPE, Ariz. - Despite winning the doubles point to go ahead 1-0, the ninth-ranked Arizona State women's tennis team (6-2) suffered a 5-2 set back at the hands of third-ranked Stanford (10-1) today at the Whiteman Tennis Center.
ASU won two of the three doubles matches for the first point, but were only able to gain one singles victory as Mhairi Brown defeated Lauren Barnikow at the No. 3 slot, 6-0, 6-4.
Up next, Arizona State will host California on Saturday at 12:00 p.m.
1. Engel/Krstulovic (ASU) def. Kalvaria/Lastra (SU), 8-4
2. Barnikow/Burdette (SU) def. Brown/Yeats (ASU), 8-4
3. Burkett/Sureephong (ASU) def. Tokuda/Tweedie-Yates (SU), 8-4
1. Lauren Kalvaria (SU) def. Adria Engel (ASU), 6-3, 7-6
2. Gabriela Lastra (SU) def. Dora Krstulovic (ASU), 6-1, 6-3
3. Mhairi Brown (ASU) def. Lauren Barnikow (SU), 6-0, 6-4
4. Erin Burdette (SU) def. Megan Yeats (ASU), 6-1, 6-2
5. Keiko Tokuda (SU) def. Cindy Sureephong (ASU), 6-3, 6-0
6. Emilia Anderson (SU) def. Lauren Colalillo (ASU), 6-0, 7-6
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 12:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 2:00pm PTLive