Men's Tennis Shutout By Washington, 7-0
April 6, 2002
TEMPE, Ariz. - The Arizona State men's tennis team (9-8, 2-3 Pac-10) failed to gain a point as Washington blanked the Sun Devils, 7-0 in Seattle.
In doubles, UW took the first point by claiming two of the three matches. ASU's lone win of the afternoon came on the No. 3 doubles court where Clinton Letcher and Pim Van Mele downed Christoph Paimanshofer and Nick Weiss, 8-2.
In singles action, ASU was swept in straight sets in all six matches.
Up next, Arizona State returns home for the final three duals of the season, beginning Friday, April 12 against Stanford at 1:30 p.m.
1. (t46) Alex Vlaski (UW) d. (31) Matt Klinger (ASU) 6-4, 7-5
2. (68) Matt Hanlin (UW) d. Pim Van Mele (ASU) 7-6, 6-1
3. Christoph Palmanshofer (UW) d. (119) Mirza Duranovic (ASU) 6-2, 6-3
4. Ari Strasberg (UW) d. Clinton Letcher (ASU) 6-1, 6-1
5. Peter Scharler (UW) d. Chris Stewart (ASU) 6-4, 4-6, 6-1
6. Dillon Ruby (UW) d. Olivier Charroin (ASU) 6-4, 6-1
1. Strasberg/Vlaski (UW) d. (21) Mitchell Bowen/Klinger (ASU) 9-7
2. Hanlin/Ruby (UW) d. Charroin/Stewart (ASU) 8-6
3. Letcher/Van Mele (ASU) d. Palmanshofer/Nick Weiss (UW) 8-2
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive