Bruin Men Place Eighth at NCAA West Regional Qualifiers
Nov. 16, 2002
Stanford, CA - At the NCAA West Regional Qualifiers, held at the Stanford Golf Course, the Bruin men were eighth (236 points). Both Stanford's men's and women's teams finished first, earning automatic team bids to the NCAA Championships, held Monday, November 25, in Terre Haute, IN.
The Bruin men placed eighth (236 points), led by sophomore transfer Erik Emilsson (Bjarred, SWE/Tulane) who placed 34th in 31:49. Sophomore Ben Aragon (Santee, CA/West Hills HS) was 44th (32:07). Redshirt sophomore Jon Rankin (Spring Valley, CA/Monte Vista HS) was 52nd (32:21), followed by sophomore Puneet Mahan (Norwalk, CA/Norwalk HS) who placed 53rd (32:24).
Senior Phil Young (La Caï¿½ada, CA/La Caï¿½ada HS) was 60th (32:30). Sophomore Martell Munguia (Sacramento, CA/Woodcreek HS) and freshman Muhammad Qazi were 81st and 82nd, respectively, both finishing in 32:58.
2003 NCAA West Regional Qualifiers Results
Men - Team (Top-five of 23)
1. Stanford, 21
2. Oregon, 43
3. Cal Poly, 115
4. Portland, 120
5. Arizona State, 125
8. UCLA, 236
Men - Individuals (Top-10)
1. Donald Sage, Stanford, 30:13
2. Jason Harmann, Oregon, 30:18
3. Ian Dobson, Stanford, 30:21
4. Adam Tenforde, Stanford, 30:32
5. Louis Luchini, Stanford, 30:32
6. Ryan Andrus, Oregon, 30:37
7. Brett Holts, Oregon, 30:41
8. Neil Davis, Stanford, 30:41
9. Ryan Hall, Stanford, 30:41
10. Matt Harriman, Portland, 30:42