No. 21 UW Women's Tennis Team Defeats San Diego, 5-2
March 8, 2003
San Diego, CA - No. 21 Washington women's tennis team (7-1) defeated San Diego, 5-2, Saturday, at the Barnes Tennis Center in San Diego. The victory gives Washington a six-game winning streak.
The Huskies started off the match by sweeping the doubles competition. Huskies Claire Carter and Darija Klaic defeated San Diego's Tara Livesay and Emma Murphy, 8-3 in the No. 1 position. In other doubles action, Huskies Colleen Gray and Dea Sumantri won their match, 8-5 while the duo Erin Boisclair and Dinka Hadzic also downed their USD competitors, 8-5.
In singles play, the Huskies were victorious in four of their six matches. UW's Sumantri downed USD's Lauren Perl, 7-5, 6-3, in the No. 2 position and in the No. 3 position Husky Erin Boisclair defeated Livesay, 6-0, 6-2. Senior Colleen Gray won her match, 6-0, 6-4 along with UW's Dinka Hadzic, who won her match, 6-2, 6-0.
Not all Huskies were victorious, however, as Claire Carter and Erin Hoe were both upset by two of San Diego's freshmen. In the No. one position, Carter's 6-2, 6-7, (7), (7) defeat came at the hands of Torero Emma Murphy and Hoe fell 6-4, 6-2, to San Diego's Lauren Leo.
Washington Women's Tennis vs. San Diego
March 8, 2003 - University of San Diego
# 21 Washington5, San Diego 2
1. Carter & Klaic (UW) def. Livesey & Murphy (USD) 8-3
2. Gray & Sumantri (UW) def. Brown & Kazarian (USD) 8-5
3. Boisclair & Hadzic (UW) def. Perl & Leo (USD) 8-5
1. Emma Murphy (USD) def. Claire Carter (UW) 6-2, 6-7, (7), (7)
2. Dea Sumantri (UW) def. Lauren Perl (USD) 7-5, 6-3
3. Erin Boisclair (UW) def. Tara Livesey (USD) 6-0, 6-2
4. Colleen Gray (UW) def. Catherine Heppell (USD) 6-0, 6-4
5. Dinka Hadzic (UW) def. Lauren Kazarian (USD) 6-2, 6-0
6. Lauren Leo (USD) def. Erin Hoe (UW) 6-4, 6-2
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 7:00pm PTLive
Thu 10/18 | 12:00pm PTLive
Thu 10/18 | 3:00pm PTLive