Men's Tennis Downs Utah, 6-1
March 22, 2003
LOS ANGELES -- The 19th-ranked USC men's tennis team posted its most convincing win of the last four weeks by defeating Utah, 6-1, on Saturday at Marks Tennis Stadium. With the victory, the Trojans improve to 10-5 overall and extend their win streak to three. The Utes fall to 7-9.
USC won all three doubles matches to start the afternoon and held the Utes to just five total points. The Trojans won 8-1 at courts one and three and 8-3 at court two.
With a 1-0 lead heading into singles, USC won five of the six matches in dominating fashion. The Trojans' Prakash Amritraj defeated Daniel Lohff, 6-4, 6-2, Johan Berg beat Roeland Brateanu, 6-1, 6-4, Daniel Langre got past Tyler Poulson, 6-3, 6-3, Parker Collins defeated Nick Coutts, 6-3, 6-4, and Jeff Kazarian posted a 6-3, 6-4 decision over Kaisorn Chaichana.
The Utes only victory came at No. 4 singles as Tomasz Grzyb beat USC's Ruben Torres, 7-6, 6-2.
USC resumes conference play next week as it travels to Arizona State and Arizona on Friday, March 28, and Saturday, March 29.
#19 USC 6, Utah 1
(1) Amritraj/Kazarian (USC) def. Coutts/Brateanu (Utah) - 8-1
(2) Langre/Collins (USC) def. Grzyb/Poulson (Utah) - 8-3
(3) Berg/Torres (USC) def. Lohff/Chaichana (Utah) - 8-1
USC wins doubles point.
(1) #45 Prakash Amritraj (USC) def. Daniel Lohff (Utah) - 6-4, 6-2
(2) #71 Johan Berg (USC) def. Roeland Brateanu (Utah) - 6-1, 6-4
(3) Daniel Langre (USC) def. Tyler Poulson (Utah) - 6-3, 6-3
(4) Tomasz (Utah) def. Ruben Torres (USC) - 7-6, 6-2
(5) Parker Collins (USC) def. Nick Coutts (Utah) - 6-3, 6-4
(6) Jeff Kazarian (USC) def. Kaisorn Chaichana (Utah) - 6-3, 6-4
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 5:00pm PTLive