ASU To Launch Sun Devil Express
April 2, 2003
TEMPE, Ariz.- Five cities or geographical areas in the state of Arizona have been selected for visits by the Sun Devil Express, a bus tour by Sun Devil football coach Dirk Koetter, athletic director Gene Smith, various ASU coaches, the mascot Sparky, ticket office and marketing personnel and other athletic department officials, Smith announced Wednesday.
This is a grass roots effort by ASU to reach out to the communities throughout the state, by taking athletic department coaches and officials on the road to meet current and future Sun Devil fans.
The Sun Devil Express will visit:
1. North Scottsdale, April 2, reception at Fox Sports Grill, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
2. East Mesa, April 9, reception at Hohokam Park, hosted by theHohokam's and the Mesa Visitor's Bureau, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
3. Glendale, April 23, reception at McDuffy's, 15814 N. 83rd Ave.,Peoria, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
4. Yuma, May 1, a 9 a.m. stop at a local coffee shop and a reception atThe Crossing, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
5. Flagstaff, May 13, reception, 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Forest Highlands ClubHouse
The Sun Devil Express has mailed invitations to various constituents in those areas who are invited to attend the tour stops in their towns. The bus will make planned and unplanned stops in each town, which may include local businesses, radio or television stations or other community locations such as chamber of commerce or service organizations.
The purpose of the Sun Devil Express is to provide community outreach to these areas and to expose Sun Devil fans in those areas to ASU athletics through coaches and administrators. ASU representatives will address the groups, answer questions and distribute special giveaways along with marketing and ticket information.
For more information please contact Tom Collins, Senior Associate Athletic Director (480-965-4453), Rick Harrigan, Director of the Sun Angel Foundation (480-727-7707) or Stephanie Grinage, Associate Athletic Director for Development (480-727-7711).
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 12:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 2:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 4:00pm PTLive