Trojans' Doubles Team Advances to SCTA Semifinals
Nov. 7, 2003
LOS ANGELES - The USC men's tennis tandem of Daniel Langre and Parker Collins advanced to the semifinals with two wins on Friday, Nov. 7, at the Southern California Intercollegiate Championships, hosted by the SCTA and being played at the Los Angeles Tennis Club.
As the No. 2 seed in the 32-team field, Langre and Collins defeated Derek Betyar and Brent Davis of UC Riverside, 8-3, in the opening round, then beat Oregon's Manuel Kost and Arron Spencer, 8-2, in the quarterfinals. The duo will face Tobias Clemens and Chris Lam of UCLA in the semifinals on Saturday at 12:30 p.m.
USC was eliminated from singles play on Friday as fourth-seeded Langre fell to Nathaniel Emge of Kentucky, 7-6, 6-3, in the quarterfinals.
Following are USC's complete tournament results.
47th Annual Southern California Intercollegiate
Los Angeles Tennis Club - Nov. 5-9, 2003
Main Draw Singles - Round of 32 (Nov. 6)
(4) Daniel Langre (USC) def. Jeff Wilson (UCSD) - 6-3, 6-2
(5) Alberto Francis (UCLA) def. Scott Patterson (USC) - 6-2, 6-0
Alexandre Anselme (UCSB) def. Parker Collins (USC) - 7-6, 6-2
Main Draw Singles - Round of 16 (Nov. 6)
(4) Daniel Langre (USC) def. Brian Swatt (UCSD) - 6-0, 6-0
Main Draw Singles - Quarterfinals (Nov. 7)
Nathaniel Emge (Kentucky) def. (4) Daniel Langre (USC) - 7-6, 6-3
Main Draw Doubles - Round of 16 (Nov. 7)
(2) Collins/Langre (USC) def. Betyar/Davis (UCR) - 8-3
Main Draw Doubles - Quarterfinals (Nov. 7)
(2) Collins/Langre (USC) def. Kost/Spencer (Oregon) - 8-2
Main Draw Doubles - Semifinals (Nov. 8)
(2) Collins/Langre (USC) vs. Clemens/Lam (UCLA)
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 12:00pm PTLive