Arizona Men's Tennis Completes Day Two at Texas A&M Invitational
Nov. 8, 2003
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - The Arizona men's tennis team completed day two at the Texas A&M Invitational Saturday, Nov. 8, in College Station, Texas. The Wildcats competed in the hidden team format against TCU. Arizona won three of four doubles matches against the Horned Frogs before the match was called due to rain.
In doubles competition, Arizona earned victories in the No. 2, 3 and 4 positions. Competing on court two were of junior Colin O'Grady and sophomore Roger Matalonga. The pair defeated Jacob Martin and Jacopo Tezza, 8-2. Seniors Tom Lloyd and Carl Hagman defeated TCU's Robert Gallman and Andrew Ulrich, 8-1, in the No. 3 slot. In the No. 4 position, sophomore Tim Mullane and junior Chris Gessner defeated Craig Stopa and Collin Hart, 8-3.
On court one, junior Paul Warkentin and sophomore Daniel Andres fell to Alex Menichini and Daniel Scholten, 8-5.
With all seven Wildcats leading in the first set of singles play, the matches were cancelled after enduring two rain delays, and will not be made up.
The Wildcats will be on the courts again Sunday, Nov. 9, in the Texas A&M Invitational. Arizona will face LSU in the hidden team format and first serve is scheduled for 9:30 a.m.
1. Alex Menichini/Scholten (TCU) def. Warkentin/Andrus (UA), 8-5
2. O'Grady/Matalonga (UA) def. Martin/Tezza (TCU), 8-2
3. Lloyd/Hagman (UA) def. Gallman/Ulrich (TCU), 8-1
4. Mullane/Gessner (UA) def. Stopa/Hart (TCU), 8-3
1. Carl Hagman (UA) vs. Jacopo Tezza (TCU) *DNF
2. Daniel Andrus (UA) vs. Jacob Martin (TCU) *DNF
3. Tom Lloyd (UA) vs. Daniel Scholten (TCU) *DNF
4. Colin O'Grady (UA) vs. Robert Gallman (TCU) *DNF
5. Paul Warkentin (UA) vs. Andrew Ulrich (TCU) *DNF
6. Tim Mullane (UA) vs. Craig Stopa (TCU) *DNF
7. Chris Gessner (UA) vs. Collin Hart (TCU) *DNF
*DNF = did not finish. There were two rain delays and the matches werecalled within all of the first sets
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 12:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 2:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 5:00pm PTLive