Outside the Wake
Dec. 5, 2003
1. What/who is your favorite?
* Athlete: Michael Jordan* Movie: The Wedding Planner* Book: Any book that's about horoscopes or astrological signs* TV show: Friends* Restaurant: Sella's* Desired vacationing spot: Anywhere hot with a beach* Class at WSU: Self-defense* Sport to watch in person: Men's college basketball* Thing to do outside of rowing: Cooking, watching movies, and getting coffee with teammate Emily Tribe.
2. Q: What do you want to do after school?
A: Get a real job that pays a salary in Southern California.
3. Q: What is the last CD you purchased?
A: Obie Trice
4. Q: What do you like about the Snake River?
A: Its moodiness, and the fact that it keeps you on your toes because the weather changes every minute.
5. Q: What do you like most about WSU?
A: The community atmosphere, it's big enough that you see new people everyday, but small enough that there are familiar faces to say 'hi' to.
6. Q: What is your major/area of interest?
A: Business administration and or management
7. Q: If you were stranded on an island, who would you want to be with and why?
A: Devon Carroll (teammate) because she is an islander and is so chill about everything. We would undoubtedly have a great time.
Debbie Curry's Bio
WSU CAREER: Enters her fourth year as a member of the WSU women's rowing team...was a member of the varsity four boat that finished third at the Pac-10 Championships and 10th at the NCAA Championships as a junior...earned first team All Pac-10 Academic honors as a junior...rowed with second varsity eight team during the Pac-10 Championships in Cordova, Calif. as a sophomore...named All Academic Pac-10 Honorable Mention sophomore year.
HIGH SCHOOL CAREER: Four year letter winner in basketball, volleyball and softball at Pullman High...team captain in all three sports...was a two-time basketball all-league selection...earned all-defensive player recognition in basketball twice...voted most improved on softball team.
PERSONAL: Deborah Curry...born Sept. 9, 1981 in Pullman, Wash...older sister Paula rowed for WSU from 1994-97...earned WSU President Honor Roll recognition twice...member of the National Honor Society...Boeing scholar for the college of business and economics...majoring in business administration, minor is human resources and management.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
Wed 10/24 | 6:00pm PTLive
Thu 10/25 | 2:00pm PTLive