Getting To Know Catherine Watt
Dec. 11, 2003
1. What/who is your favorite?
* Athlete: The Canadian National Team Men's Varsity Eight (World Champs)* Movie: The Boondock Saints* Book: 'The Last Time They Met' by Anita Shreve* TV show: Viva La Bam/ Queer Eye for the Straight Guy* Restaurant: Gusto di Quattro in Vancouver, B.C.* Desired vacationing spot: Australia or the Mediterranean* Class at WSU: History* Sport to watch in person: Basketball* Thing to do outside of rowing: Snowboarding or hanging out with friends.
2. Q: What do you want to do after school?
3. Q: What do you like about the Snake River?
A: It's a gorgeous place to practice.
4. Q: What do you like most about WSU?
A: Totally relaxed atmosphere, awesome people and unbelievable teammates.
5. Q: What is your major/area of interest?
A: Movement studies or history
6. Q: If you were stranded on an island, who would you want to be with and why?
A: My rowing teammates because then we could row away from the island.
Catherine Watt's Bio
WSU CAREER: Enters her first year as a rower for Washington State University.
HIGH SCHOOL CAREER: Arrives at WSU with a strong athletic background...participated in snowboarding, swimming and rowing in high school...captain of rowing team her senior year ...placed second in the women's high school championships her senior year...garnered a first place finish with the varsity four boat at British Columbia Summer Games as a junior...earned a first place finish at the regional snowboarding championships as a freshman.
PERSONAL: Catherine Nicola Logan Watt...born Sept. 28, 1985 in North Vancouver, British Columbia...father Robert is the Chief Herald of Canada, mother Alison is a university administrator...older brother Michael...member of the Canadian CanAmMex team this past summer...interested in history and athletic training.