Women's Tennis Fall Short to In-State Rival, Arizona, 4-3
April 17, 2004
Tuscon, AZ - The Arizona State Women's Tennis Team wrapped up their regular season schedule in Tuscon Saturday afternoon with a 4-3 loss to the No. 40 Wildcats of Arizona.
The match started shaky for the Devils as the 'Cats stepped up to take the doubles point from ASU.
In the end the effort was not enough though as Arizona barely got away with a 4-3 win.
The Sun Devils fall to 6-14 and 1-7 in the Pac-10 as Arizona advances to 6-12 and 2-6 in the Pac-10.
Up next, the Sun Devils will gear up for the Pac-10 championships in Ojai, CA starting April 22 through April 25th.
Results for Arizona State versus No. 40 Arizona
1. Maja Mlakar/ Dianne Hollands (UA) def. Lauren Colalillo/ Kady Pooler (ASU),8-6.
2. Cindy Sureephong/ Wendy Pilecka (ASU) def. Debbie Larocque/ Kasia Jakowlew (UA), 8-2.
3. Jessie Rochefort/ Kelly Perry (UA) def. Joslynn Burkett/ Rebecca Rankin (ASU), 8-3.
1. Dianne Hollands (UA) def. Joslynn Burkett (ASU), 6-3, 6-1.
2. Maja Mlakar (UA) def. Wendy Pilecka (ASU), 6-3, 6-3.
3. Kelly Perry (UA) def. Cindy Sureephong (ASU), 6-7, 6-3, 6-4.
4. Lauren Colalillo (ASU) def. Debbie Larocque (UA), 6-1, 4-6, 6-3.
5. Sabrina Capannolo (ASU) def. Jessie Rochefort (UA), 6-1, 6-4.
6. Kady Pooler (ASU) def. Iza Ferreira (UA), 6-3, 6-3.
Final Score: ASU: 3, UA:4