Ten Questions with Center Keoki Fraser
April 19, 2004
By Mitchell Kapler
1. What aspect of your game have you been trying to improve on during spring football? Being more physical in the run game by being quicker off the snap of the ball and getting my hands more inside to control the defender. As a unit we want to make sure the entire line knows the play and their assignments. Make sure everyone is doing what is necessary to be the best offensive lineman they can possibly be.
2.Being a student athlete could you tell us how you balance out school work and practice? It is hard to balance the time so I try to make use of my free time in between classes and football. I try to use free time to my benefit whether it's schoolwork during lunch breaks or watching film in the morning before classes. You just try to find ways to get your work done whenever you can find the time.
3. What made you decide to play football at Arizona?My big brother Keoni played defensive tackle here and really seemed to enjoy the school. The program had a winning tradition I wanted to be a part of. My brother's influence had a lot to do with my decision.
4. What is your favorite dish?Porterhouse steak with rice and beans
5. As a football player what has been your greatest accomplishment?Receiving a scholarship to a Division-1 Pac-10 school for my skills on the field.
6. What album or song are you jamming out to? Lil'Flip 'Gameover'
7. What aspects of the team do you feel have changed the most since Coach Stoops arrived? All the players attitudes and enthusiasm for the game have changed. Everyone is treating practice as the time to work on getting better. We all know Coach Stoops is a winner for a reason and we believe in what he is telling us.
8.What are your goals for the summer?To get my forty down to a five flat and gain ten pounds of muscle before fall camp starts. I want to be in the best shape I can possibly be in.
9.What is your favorite aspect about game day? Going out onto the field and being able to compete in front of a huge crowd at Arizona stadium. It's all about doing what is necessary to win and I really enjoy the high level of competition.
10. Any last thoughts or shout outs?I want to get Arizona back on track to being a winning program and have a good senior year. I want to send a shout out to the o-line, the dogs of the trenches.