Stanford Competes in 2004 NCAA Singles Championship
May 24, 2004
ATHENS, Ga. - Three Cardinal remain in action in the 2004 NCAA Singles Championships after the Round of 64 on Monday at the University of Georgia. Sophomore Amber Liu, the 2003 NCAA Singles Champion, sophomore Alice Barnes and freshman Theresa Logar will enter the Round of 32 on Tuesday.
Liu, seeded No. 4 in the Tournament, downed Pepperdine's Natalie Braverman 6-3, 6-0. She will face Washington's Dea Sumantri in the next round.
Barnes, ranked No. 10 in the ITA singles rankings, defeated Harvard's Courtney Bergman in straight sets 6-1, 6-0 on Monday. She goes against Manon Kruse of Middle Tennessee on Tuesday.
Logar improved her record to 38-3 with a 6-2, 6-1 win over Oregon's Dominika Dieskova. In the round of 32, she will take on Vanderbilt's Audra Falk.
For live updates, visit http://georgiadogs.collegesports.com/tennis_womens/2004/ncaa_championshi....
Round of 64
(40) Theresa Logar (Stan) def. (71) Dominika Dieskova (Oreg) 6-2, 6-1
(7) Amber Liu (Stan) def. (27) Natalie Braverman (Pepp) 6-3, 6-0
(3) Cristelle Grier (Northwestern) def. (56) Lauren Barnikow (Stan) 6-3, 6-3
(4) Megan Bradley (Miami) def. (23) Erin Burdette (Stan) 6-3, 7-6
(10) Alice Barnes (Stan) def. (39) Courtney Bergman (Harvard) 6-1, 6-0
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 3:30pm PTLive
TODAY | 5:30pm PTLive