Arizona Baseball Quckie Notes
June 12, 2004
Arizona Quickie Notes
- Arizona's win over LBSU on Friday snapped a nine-game losing streak to the 49ers dating back to 2001.
- The win was the first for Arizona at Blair Field since May 21, 1994.
- The win was the 100th at Arizona for head coach Andy Lopez.
- Arizona is 4-0 in the postseason for the first time since 1986, the last time Arizona advanced to the College World Series.
- The Wildcats have won five straight games and seven of their last eight.
- Friday (June 11) was the latest in the year Arizona has played a game since losing to Arizona State 7-6 in the opening game of the 1976 College World on June 12. The Wildcats went on to win their first of three national titles under Jerry Kindall that season
- Brad Boyer was just 1 for his last 21 before delivering the game-tying hit in the ninth inning on Friday.
- Trevor Crowe's game-winning triple in the ninth was his team-leading eighth three-bagger of the year.
- Heading into Friday's game, Arizona was 1-20 for the year when trailing after eight innings. UA's only other come-from-behind win when trailing after eight came in the season opener against UC Riverside on Feb. 6. Arizona tied the game against the Highlanders in the ninth and won, ironically, 6-5 in 11 innings on a walk-off solo home run by Moises Duran.
- Arizona is now 8-10 against teams ranked in the top 25 this season.
- The one-run win on Friday was the 11th of the season, the second straight and the fourth in Arizona's last seven games. Arizona is now 11-7 this season in one-run games.
- Mark Melancon's save on Friday was Arizona's 14th as a team this year, tied for fifth-most in a single season in school history (1985, 1999).
- Jordan Brown had his team-high seven-game hitting streak snapped on Friday with an 0 for 5 night at the plate.
- Nick Hundley, who entered the final week of the regular season with zero home runs for the year, has hit four in his last six games, including two straight.
- Richard Mercado and Jason Donald are the only two Arizona players to have at least one hit in all four postseason games.
- Arizona is 84-60 all-time in the postseason after Friday's win.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 5:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 6:00pm PTLive