Dan Guerrero Appointed to NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Committee
June 22, 2005
UCLA Director of Athletics Daniel G. Guerrero has been appointed as a member of the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Committee, it was announced today. He officially becomes a member of the 10-person committee on Sept. 1 and will serve a five-year term, ending on Sept. 1, 2010.
Guerrero, who is also a member of the 'College Basketball Partnership,' is completing his third year as UCLA's Director of Athletics. During that time, UCLA has won 11 NCAA team championships, more than any other school in the nation.
The NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Committee oversees the administration of the NCAA basketball championship and selects and brackets the teams that participate in the championship. Guerrero will attend next week's Spring/Summer committee meeting as an observer before assuming his duties on Sept. 1.
Listed below are the duties of the committee members:
* Oversee administration of the championship.
* Serve as primary NCAA committee contact with CBS, NABC and other interested parties to the championship.
* Evaluate teams throughout the season.
* Participate on regional and national conference calls.
* Assist other committee members with the selection of teams and creation of the bracket.
* Assign officials to work during the championship.
* Staff selected championship sites.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive