Slovic Advances To Singles Quarterfinal At ITA Regionals
Oct. 22, 2005
SANTA CLARA, Calif. - Husky junior Alex Slovic picked up two more victories, Saturday, to advance to the singles quarterfinal at the Wilson/ITA Northwest Regional Championships hosted by Santa Clara University. Washington also had two doubles teams advance to Sunday's Round of 16.
Second-seeded Slovic defeated Dean Wallace of Cal in the Round of 32, 6-1, 6-2, before then taking care of Sergui Modoc of Fresno State in straight sets in the Round of 16 (6-1, 7-6).
Slovic was also busy on the doubles court, pairing with fellow junior Daniel Chu to advance to the doubles Round of 16 with an 8-2 win over Falko Huttenberger and Will O'Shea of Fresno State. Chu and Slovic are the top-seeded doubles team in the tournament.
The Huskies also had players competing in consolation brackets, for which results were not yet available.
The Wilson/ITA Northwest Regional Championships continue through Tues., Oct. 25. The singles finalists and the doubles champion earn spots in the ITA National Intercollegiate Indoor Championships, Nov. 3-6.
2005 Wilson/ITA Northwest Regional Championships
Santa Clara, Calif.
Saturday, Oct. 22 Results
Singles - Round of 32
(9) Andy Kuharszky (UW) def. Phil Kao (Stanford), 6-3, 1-6, 6-2
Daniel Chu (UW) def. Gabriel Loredo (Sac State), 6-3, 6-2
Klaus Jank (UW) def. Amer Sigurdsson (Pacific), 2-6, 6-3, 0-5 (ret.)
(2) Alex Slovic (UW) def. Dean Wallace (Cal), 6-1, 6-2
Singles - Round of 16
Lennart Maack (Cal) def. (9) Andy Kuharszky (UW), 3-6, 6-3, 6-2
(8) Daniel Sebescen (Cal), def. Daniel Chu (UW), 4-6, 6-3, 6-4
(9) James Pade (Stanford) def. Klaus Jank (UW), 6-0, 6-4
(2) Alex Slovic (UW) def. Sergui Modoc (Fresno State), 6-1, 7-6
Doubles - Round of 32
(1) Daniel Chu/Alex Slovic (UW) def. Huttenberger/O'Shea (USF), 8-2
Klaus Jank/Andy Kuharszky (UW) def. Cech/Tadevosian (Fresno State), 9-8
(3) Nguyen/Van Linge (Cal Poly) def. Andy Gerst/Mike Ricks (UW), 8-1
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
Wed 10/24 | 6:00pm PTLive
Thu 10/25 | 2:00pm PTLive