Women's Doubles Team Advances To Quarterfinals At ITA Regionals
Oct. 22, 2005
PALO ALTO, Calif. - The Washington women's tennis doubles duo of senior Dinka Hadzic and sophomore Tara Simpson won their Round of 16 match, Saturday, to advance to Sunday's quarterfinal at the Wilson/ITA Northwest Regional Championships at Stanford University.
Hadzic and Simpson, seeded sixth, defeated Maria Ring and Amy Toth from Washington State, 8-5. The UW pair will face No. 2 seed Alice Barnes and Anne Yelsey from Stanford in the doubles quarterfinal at 9 a.m. Sunday.
Simpson also advanced as far as the Round of 16 in singles action. Simpson defeated Feline Charlot of St. Mary's in the Round of 32 before falling to No. 2 seed Theresa Logar from Stanford, 6-1, 6-2.
The Wilson/ITA Northwest Regional Championships continue through Monday, Oct. 24. The singles finalists and the doubles champion earn spots in the ITA National Intercollegiate Indoor Championships, Nov. 3-6.
2005 Wilson/ITA Northwest Regional Championships
Stanford University, Palo Alto, Calif.
Saturday, Oct. 22 Results
Singles - Round of 32
Bojana Bobusic (Cal) def. (7) Dinka Hadzic (UW), scores n/a
(14) Lucia Sainz (Fresno State) def. Allison Rainey (UW), 6-0, 6-2
(15) Tara Simpson (UW) def. Feline Charlot (St. Mary's), scores n/a
Singles - Round of 16
(2) Theresa Logar (Stanford) def. (15) Tara Simpson (UW), 6-1, 6-2
Doubles - Round of 16
(3) Celia Durkin/Amber Liu (Stanford) def. Saskia Nauenberg/Allison Rainey (UW), 8-2
(6) Dinka Hadzic/Tara Simpson (UW) def. Maria Ring/Amy Toth (WSU), 8-5
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 6:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 8:00pm PTLive