Cardinal Opens Dual Match Season With 6-1 Win Over Hawaii
Jan. 26, 2006
Stanford opened its 2006 dual match season today with a 6-1 win over visiting Hawaii. The Cardinal, ranked No. 14 in the nation, earned the doubles point along with winning five of the six singles matches, led by senior captain K.C. Corkery, who won both No. 1 singles and No. 1 doubles.
Corkery beat Sascha Heinemann 6-2, 6-3 at No. 1 singles, then teamed with James Pade to defeat Jarrod Diepraam and Ryan Seeats, 8-3 in doubles play. Pade won his singles match at No. 2 as he beat Bryon Weinberg 6-1, 6-2.
Also winning their singles matches today were Phil Kao, Jon Wong and Chris Rasmussen. Stanford returns to action next weekend as they host USC on Friday (Feb. 3) at 1:30 pm and UCLA on Saturday (Feb. 4) at 1:00 pm at the Taube Tennis Center.
Non-Conference: Stanford 6, Hawaii 1
Doubles (Stanford wins doubles point)
1. KC Corkery/James Pade (S) d. Jarrod Diepraam/Ryan Seeats (H), 8-3
2. Bryon Weinberg/Jeff Fitch (H) d. Jon Wong/Blake Muller (S), 8-3
3. James Wan/Chris Rasmussen (S) d. Sascha Heinemann/Chad Faulk (H), 8-5
1. KC Corkery (S) d. Sascha Heinemann (H), 6-2, 6-3
2. James Pade (S) d. Bryon Weinberg (H), 6-1, 6-2
3. Ryan Seeats (H) d. Blake Muller (S), 1-6, 7-6, 1-0 (9)
4. Phil Kao (S) d. Chad Faulk (H), 6-2, 6-4
5. Jon Wong (S) d. Jarrod Diepraam (H), 7-6, 7-6
6. Chris Rasmussen (S) d. Jeff Fitch (H), 6-2, 6-2