Cardinal Men Take On Oregon State In Corvallis
Feb. 3, 2006
The Stanford men's basketball team (11-7, 7-3 Pac-10) take a four-game winning streak into Corvallis, where they will face Oregon State (10-11, 3-7 Pac-10) on Saturday, February 4 at 5 p.m. The game will be broadcast on FOX Sports Bay Area and on KNEW Radio.
* Stanford is on a four game winning streak and have won seven of their last eight games.
* Senior Matt Haryasz grabbed a season-high 14 rebounds on Thursday night against Oregon ... He tallied his sixth consecutive game with 20 or more points ... It was also his ninth 20-plus point game on the season ... Haryasz now has nine double-doubles on the year.
* Only four players (Haryasz, Hernandez, Grunfeld and Finger) scored for the Cardinal against UO on Thursday night - the first time that has happened this season.
*Stanford's 37.5 FG percentage vs. the Ducks was their worst since shooting 29.2% against UCLA (12/29) ... Their FT % (57.9) was the lowest since UC Davis (12/4) when they shot 46.7%.
* Senior Chris Hernandez has hit at least one three-pointer in every game this season.
* Matt Haryasz's 25 blocks this year is tied for 20th for a single season on The Farm ... He has 108 for his career (ranks fourth at Stanford).
* Haryasz's 24 FG attempts vs. Oregon was a career high.
* Haryasz leads the league averaging 19.3 ppg ... He is second in rebounds with 9.4 rpg ... Hernandez is second in free throw percentage (.884) and third in 3-pt. FG percentage (.457).
* Dating back to the Washington State game, Chris Hernandez has made 15 consecutive free throws for the Cardinal.
* Stanford's 57-56 win over Oregon on Thursday night was only their second road win this season (they are 2-5 on the road this year).
* Cardinal Chris Hernandez has become Mr. Clutch for Stanford, sinking three free throws to send the Washington game into overtime last week and a game-winning three-pointer against Oregon on Thursday night.
* Stanford has won 12 of the last 13 against the Beavers, including an 80-66 win earlier this season in Palo Alto ... The Cardinal's last loss to OSU came last year in Corvallis (L, 83-84) ... The last time Stanford lost two in a row in Corvallis was the 1990-91 season.
* Oregon State leads the all-time series with the Cardinal, 66-53.
* Up Next ... Stanford begins its second week of road games taking on California in Berkeley on Thursday, February 9, at 7:30 p.m on FSN.
* Chris Hernandez has scored double-digits in eight of his last nine games ... He has four 20-plus point games on the year.
* Matt Haryasz has scored double-digits in seven consecutive games and in 14 of 15 games this year ... He has recorded at least one block in his last six games and is averaging 1.6 bpg this season.
Stanford Record When....
Vs. ranked teams: 1-1
Vs. unranked teams: 10-6
On the road: 2-5
At home: 8-1
Lead at halftime: 8-2
Trail at halftime: 3-5
Tied at halftime: 0-0
In overtime: 0-1
Last five games: 4-1
Last 10 games: 7-3
TV games: 8-3
Non-TV games: 3-4
When SU shoots 50% or better: 0-1
When SU shoots less than 50%: 11-6
When SU outrebounds opponent: 8-2
When SU is outrebounded: 3-5
Tied in rebounds: 0-0
When SU has more FT attempts: 10-3
When Opp. Has more FT attempts: 1-4
When SU scores less than 70: 4-5
When SU scores between 70-79: 5-1
When SU scores between 80-89: 2-1
When SU scores between 90-99: 0-0
When SU scores over 100: 0-0
Games decided by less than 5 pts: 2-0
Games decided by less than 10 pts: 1-3