Dwight Dumais Places Third At Pac-10 Diving Championship
Feb. 25, 2006
Federal Way, Wa - Stanford freshman Dwight Dumais placed third in platform diving on Saturday during third day competition at the 2006 Pacific-10 Diving Championships at the Weyerhauser King County Aquatics Center.
Dumais tallied 288.40 points to finish behind conference champion Michael Hilde of USC and runnerup Kenny Jenkins of USC. Hilde collected 347.20 points while Jenkins had 344.10 points. Nathan Kim finished fifth with 257.50 points.
Dumais was a workhorse for the Cardinal. On Thursday, Dumais finished second in three-meter diving, and the following day was the runnerup in one-meter diving.
The regular portion of the Pac-10 Swimming and Diving Championship will start on Wednesday, March 1, in Federal Way, Wa. The Cardinal men, top-ranked in the country, will be seeking its 25th straight Pac-10 title.
Pac-10 Diving Championship (finals, platform diving)
1. Michael Hilde, USC, 347.20 points
2. Kenny Jenkins, USC, 344.10 points
3. Dwight Dumais, Stanford, 288.40 points
4. Richard Helvie, California, 271.35 points
5. Nathan Kim, Stanford, 257.50 points
6. Patrick Sullivan, Arizona, 251.20 points
7. Javier Rivas, California, 239.05 points
8. John Collier, Arizona, 229.70 points
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 3:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive