Stanford Men Face Washington State In Pullman
Feb. 25, 2006
* Stanford will try to snap a two-game losing streak heading into Saturday's game against the Cougars on Saturday ... They have lost four of the last five after putting together a five-game winning streak.
* Chris Hernandez has made 41 or his last 42 free throws which included a streak of 34 consecutive free throws made ... He is 66-of-69 from the charity stripe in league play (.957) leading the conference .... He ranks 11th nationally in free throw percentage (.906).
* Matt Haryasz's 35 blocked shots this season ranks 13th for a single season on the Farm and brings his career total to 118 (4th all-time at Stanford).
* Dan Grunfeld missed practice on Thursday due to the flu and only played two minutes against the Huskies on Thursday night ... He did practice on Friday and is expected to be available on Saturday vs. Washington State.
* Freshman Anthony Goods notched a career-high eigtht points vs. Washington on Thursday night and logged a career high 14 minutes of time on the court.
* Chris Hernandez tallied a season-high seven assists against the Huskies on Thursday night ... His career high is nine.
* Up next .... Stanford hosts the L.A. schools to close out the regular season ... Stanford vs. USC on Thursday, March 2 at 7 p.m. and nationally-ranked UCLA on Saturday, March 4 at 1 p.m. (CBS).
* Peter Prowitt's six free throw made (6-for-6) against UW matches a season high he set against Oregon State (1/5).
* Chris Hernandez has made at least one three-pointer in every single game this season (24) and in 27 consecutive games dating back to last year.
Stanford Record When....
Vs. Ranked Teams: 1-3
Vs. Non-ranked Teams: 12-8
On the Road: 3-8
At Home: 9-2
Neutral Site: 1-1
Lead at halftime: 10-4
Trail at halftime: 3-7
Tied at halftime: 0-0
In overtime: 1-1
Last five games: 1-4
Last 10 games: 6-4
TV games: 9-7
Non-TV games: 4-4
When SU shoots 50% or better: 1-1
When SU shoots less than 50%: 12-10
When SU outrebounds its opponent: 7-4
When SU is outrebounded: 1-6
Tied in rebounds: 0-0
When SU scores less than 70: 4-7
When sU scores 70-79: 6-2
When SU scores 80-89: 3-2
Games decided by less than 5 pts: 3-3
Games decided by less than 10 pts: 3-3