Dwight Dumais Qualifies For NCAA's
March 11, 2006
Oklahoma City, Ok - Stanford freshman diver Dwight Dumais qualified for the upcoming 2006 NCAA Men's Swimming & Diving Championship with his three day performance at the NCAA Zone 'E' Diving Championship.
On Saturday, Dumais finished fourth in platform diving with 538.65 points. Mats Wiktorsson of Hawaii won the competition with 702.90 points. Stanford's Nathan Kim was sixth (529.65 points).
Earlier in the meet, Dumais finished second in one-meter diving (639.50 points) and third in three-meter diving (699.40 points).
Stanford is ranked No. 1 as it prepares for the NCAA's which will be held March 23-25 at the Georgia Tech Aquatic Center in Atlanta.
Platform Diving (Final)
1. Mats Wiktorsson, Hawaii, 702.90 points
2. Michael Hilde, USC, 668.85 points
3. Kenny Jenkins, USC, 613.25 points
4. Dwight Dumais, Stanford, 538.65 points
6. Nathan Kim, Stanford, 529.65 points ™™