No. 1 Stanford Opens Season With 7-0 Win Over UC Davis
Jan. 25, 2007
STANFORD, Calif.- No. 1 Stanford opened the 2007 campaign with the same outcome that its previous 86 matches have resulted in: a victory.
The Cardinal improved its dual-match winning streak to 87, a stretch that began at the start of the 2004 season. This time the around the victim was UC Davis, a club that was simply overmatched in both singles and doubles.
Stanford (1-0) began the afternoon by winning the doubles point, with all three teams recording 8-1 victories.
Burdette, playing in her first collegiate dual match, had little trouble with Emma Shapiro 6-1, 6-2.
Stanford returns to the court tomorrow at 1:30 p.m., hosting No. 21 Fresno State.
No. 1 Stanford 7, UC Davis 0
1) Durkin/Yelsey (STAN) d. Kappel/Legaspi (UCD) 8-1
2) Burdette/Nguyen (STAN) d. Guier/Stone (UCD) 8-1
3) Deason/Logar (STAN) d. Shapiro/Athavale (UCD) 8-1
Stanford wins doubles point; leads match 1-0
1) No. 89 Theresa Logar (STAN) d. Robin Guier (UCD) 6-0, 6-0
2) Anne Yelsey (STAN) d. Desiree Stone (UCD) 6-2, 6-0
3) No. 13 Celia Durkin (STAN) d. Herzyl Legaspi (UCD) 6-1, 6-0
4) Whitney Deason (STAN) d. Jenna Kappel (UCD) 6-0, 6-1
5) Lejla Hodzic (STAN) d. Andrea Phillips (UCD) 6-4, 6-0
6) No. 39 Lindsay Burdette (STAN) d. Emma Shapiro (UCD) 6-1, 6-2
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 6:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 8:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 4:00pm PTLive