Day One in the Books at Nordstrom Open
Jan. 11, 2008
SEATTLE - A slew of Husky men's tennis players advanced into the Round of 16 during the first day of play at the Nordstrom Open at the Nordstrom Tennis Center.
All told, 10 current Huskies and one former star were victorious on day one of the open tournament, which features a number of local players and juniors in addition to the Washington players. This weekend's matches will not count towards the season records of any Husky player.
Top-seeded Daniel Chu, who graduated last spring as UW's all-time doubles wins leader, won his opening round match easily, as did current Huskies Andy Kuharszky and Patrik Fischer, the Nos. 2 and 3 seeds, respectively.
Round of 16 action starts tomorrow at 10:30 a.m. and quarterfinal matches are scheduled to begin at 2:30 p.m.
For complete draws and results, please click here.
Washington Men's Tennis
Nordstrom Open - 1/11/08
Nordstrom Tennis Center
Husky Results Only (Unofficial)
Round of 32
(5) Ryo Sekiguchi (UW) def. Frederick Walsh, 6-2, 6-1
Martin Kildahl (UW) def. Mico Santiago, 6-4, 6-4
(4) Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan (UW) def. David Han, 6-1, 6-3
(5) Derek Drabble (UW) def. Patrick Toolis, 6-0, 6-2
Alexander Rosinski (UW) def. Aaron Wong, 6-2, 5-7, 6-1
Brad Bator (UW) def. Nicholas Kamisar, 6-3, 6-4
(5) Tobi Obenaus (UW) def. Brian Tinsley, 6-0, 6-1
(3) Patrik Fischer (UW) def. Todd Conley, 6-0, 6-2
(5) David Chu (UW) def. Michael Chamerski, 6-1, 6-2
(2) Andy Kuharszky (UW) def. Andrea Florissi, 6-1, 6-2
Ken Bang def. Skyler Tateishi (UW), 7-6, 3-6, 6-3
Denis Limitovski def. Matthew Stith (UW), 6-4, 6-4
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 6:00pm PTLive