No. 18 Men's Tennis Drop Close 4-3 Match to No. 6 USC
April 11, 2008
In front of a crowd of 1,000, the No. 18 Arizona State men's tennis team put up a tough fight against No. 6 USC, but dropped the match 4-3. The Sun Devils fell to 14-3 overall and 2-3 in the Pac-10.
No. 116 Brooklyn earned an upset victory over seventh ranked Robert Farah in the No. 1 spot. Brooklyn handily defeated the Trojans' best player 6-4, 6-4. In another upset, Skinner won after three sets, taking the match after three tie-breakers in the third set. Skinner defeated No. 53 Gary Sacks 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 (3). Wes Miller earned the final point for the Sun Devils by picking up a 6-4, 6-4 win over Abduullah Magdas.
The Sun Devils host No. 5 UCLA tomorrow. The match begins at 1:00 p.m. at the Whiteman Tennis Center.
1. Farah-Vant Hof (USC) def. Brooklyn-Bellama (ASU) 8-5
2. Arango-Skinner (ASU) def. Magdas-Sacks (USC) 9-8
3. Pietrowskie-Poldma (USC) def. Miller-Nanosky (ASU) 8-4
1. Matt Brooklyn (ASU) def. Robert Farah (USC) 6-4, 6-4
2. Kaes Vant Hoff (USC) def. Andres Arango (ASU) 6-3, 6-4
3. Jaak Poldma (USC) def. J.C. Rebazza (ASU) 6-3, 6-2
4. Harry Skinner (ASU) def. Gary Sacks (USC) 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 (3)
5. Wes Miller (ASU) def. Abdullah Magdas (USC)6-4, 6-4
6. Jason McNaughton (USC) def. T.J. Bellama (ASU) 6-3, 6-3
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 5:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 5:00pm PTLive