Stanford Athletics Announces On-Campus Parking Adjustments for the Oregon State Game
Aug. 11, 2008
Stanford, Calif. - August 11, 2008 -- In preparation for the season-opening football game on Thursday, August 28 against the Oregon State Beavers, Stanford Athletics would like to offer the following parking recommendations for fans planning to drive to the game.
With August 28th being a normal workday for Stanford employees, parking on campus will be at a premium. The following adjustments have been made to assure your arrival and departure from Stanford Stadium goes as smoothly as possible.
- All parking lots will open at 12 noon (6:00 p.m. kickoff).
- Due to various construction projects that have hindered parking in the Serra and Maples Pavilion parking lots, employees who work in the Arrillaga Family Sports Center, the Frances C. Arrillaga Alumni Center and University Facilities and Operations are directed to utilize the Sunken Diamond parking lot. Parking in this lot will be restricted beginning at 2:00 p.m. Overflow parking will be available in the Galvez Field lot, which is across the street from the Track House.
- Fans who have a table reserved in Chuck Taylor Grove will be directed down Nelson Road to off load their items before being redirected to the closest available lot with spaces available.
- Parking in the Track House lot will be restricted until 12 noon. Overflow parking will be available in the Galvez Field lot, which is across the street from the Track House.
- Fans are encouraged to arrive early to avoid any traffic issues that may form within 90 minutes prior to kickoff. Fans are also encouraged to consider using alternative means of transportation such as Caltrain, VTA or carpooling.
Please check http://gostanford.cstv.com/fanfest/fb-fan-fest-parking.html for the latest information regarding game times and parking updates. For more information, please call (650) 723-1949 or go to email@example.com.
Thank you for your continued support of Stanford Athletics.