2009 State Farm Pac-10 Tournament: Game One Notes
March 12, 2009
- The Huskies are the first #10 seed to advance to the Tournament’s second day; the #10 seeds are now 1-7. They will play #2 seed California. This will be the first meeting between these teams in the Tournament.
- Washington guard Sami Whitcomb’s 28 points are the most scored by a player in a first round game. They are also the 9th most in any Tournament game.
- Washington used its 14th different starting lineup this season. Every Husky on the roster has started at least one game.
- After Oregon took an early 6-5 lead, Washington went on a 16-2 run to take a 21-8 lead at 9:34. Whitcomb scored 6 points in the run.
- Washington built its biggest lead of the 1st half (15 points) at 6:20, Oregon’s Amber Johnson made two 3 point field goals to key a 9-2 run to cut the lead to 29-21.
- Oregon’s 2nd leading scorer on the season, guard Taylor Lilley, suffered a concussion at 13:30 of the 1st half and did not return.
- A 17-4 Husky run built a 21 point lead (58-37) midway through the 2nd half.
- Oregon’s 10 fouls were the fewest in a Tournament first round game.
- Washington’s Whitcomb scored in double figures for the 19th time and 20+ points the 5th time this season.
- Oregon’s Micaela Cocks scored in double figures (21-season, 31-career), as did Ellie Manou (12-season, 19-career).
- Washington won its first Tournament game in three tries vs. Oregon (losing in 2002 and 2005). It also upped its record to 1-2 vs. the Ducks this season.
- Washington improved its record to 8-6 when leading or tied at halftime; it is 0-15 when trailing at the half.
- Oregon has yet to win in the Galen Center since its opening in 2006-07. It also suffered its third first round exit (2004, 2006 and this season.)
- Oregon’s nine wins this season are its lowest since 1992-93.
- Oregon’s record in the Tournament is now 4-8. Washington is now 4-7.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
Now on Pac-12 Network
Fri 8/24 | 5:00pm PTLive
Get Pac-12 Networks
Pac-12 Networks Channel Finder