2009 State Farm Pac-10 Tournament: Game Five Notes
March 13, 2009
- Stanford, 2009 Pac-10 champion, is seeking its 6th State Farm Pac-10 Tournament championship. The Cardinal have been the #1 seed in all eight years of the Tournament's existence.
- The Cardinal and the Wildcats have met five times in the Tournament. This is the most frequent match-up in Tournament's history, with Stanford leading the series 5-0.
- Stanford has won 14 straight games; its season record is now 27-4.
- Stanford is now 20-2 in Tournament games and 8-0 in the quarterfinal round. It will appear in the semifinal round for the 8th time (7-0 record).
- The Cardinal have won 12 consecutive games over the Wildcats and are 50-12 overall in the series.
- Arizona ends its season with a 13-18 record. It is now 7-8 in Tournament play.
- Despite shooting just 5-14 from the field, Stanford took an early 12-3 lead, holding Arizona to 1-6 shooting and forcing 4 turnovers in the game's first 6:00.
- Arizona guard Ashley Frazier scored her team's first 7 points; Ify Ibekwe joined her in the scoring column with 11:06 remaining in the half.
- The Cardinal had a 29-10 rebounding advantage in the 1st half, paced by the 11 of Kayla Pedersen. She now has 10 double-digit rebounding games on the season.
- Stanford's last 18 points of the first half came from three point field goals. Beginning with Jeanette Pohlen's trey at 7:05, the Cardinal made 6 of 8 three point attempts to increase a 19-11 advantage to a halftime lead of 37-16.
- Stanford was 7 of 15 from 3 point range in the 1st half; the 7 three pointers equaled the Tournament record for a half (2004, Stanford).
- The Cardinal have yet to lose this season when leading at halftime (24-0).
- Pedersen's 15 rebounds are a record for a Tournament quarterfinal game and tied for 4th overall in a single Tournament game.
- Arizona held Jayne Appel to a season low (tie, also Oregon on 2/21) 4 points.
- Wildcat guard Courtney Clements has scored in double figures in 12 of her last 13 games.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
Now on Pac-12 Network
TODAY | 4:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 6:00pm PTLive
Get Pac-12 Networks
Pac-12 Networks Channel Finder