Oregon State Hosts Dexter Lake Regatta
April 30, 2009
CORVALLIS, Ore. -
The Oregon State women’s rowing team prepares to face a familiar rival as it returns to its home waters of Dexter Reservoir this Saturday to compete against Pacific Northwest rival Washington State.
The races are set to begin at 9 a.m. with the Novice 8+ hitting the water first. It will be followed by the Varsity 4+ boat at 9:15 and the Second Varsity 8+ at 9:30. The Varsity 8+ will wrap up the event at 9:45.
Last time the No.12 Beavers faced No.15 Washington State, the Beavers narrowly pulled ahead to beat the Cougars by three seconds at the San Diego Crew Classic. This week’s race will be the final tune up during the regular season before heading to the Pac-10 Championships in two weeks.
'There is great history in this event with Washington State and they are always a tough opponent,” head coach Emily Ford said. “This is the last chance down the race course for both teams before Pac-10's, so everyone will be fine tuning their squad. I expect fast racing.'
GETTING TO DEXTER LAKE
From I-5 North or South:
-Take Exit 188A Highway 58/Willamette Hwy – Towards Oakridge
- Follow Highway 58 East for approximately 13.5 miles
- Left at Jasper-Lowell Rd. (Covered Bridge is on left-hand side right before the turn)
- Follow Jasper-Lowell Rd. for 0.7 Miles
- Left on North Shore Dr. - North Shore Dr. turns into Pengra Rd.
- Lowell Recreation Site is located 0.7 miles from turn on the left hand side.
TOMORROW | 2:30pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 4:30pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 6:30pm PTLive