Oregon State-Washington State Post-Game Notes
Nov. 21, 2009
#20 Oregon State at Washington State
Nov. 21, 2009
· WSU won the coin toss and elected to defer. OSU will receive
· The game was Washington State's Senior Day.
Oregon State Team Notes
· The game was not televised, ending a streak of 28 consecutive live or delayed broadcasts of Beaver football.
· Oregon State has now won three in a row against WSU, five of the last six and seven of 10.
· Over the last 73 games Oregon State is now 8-4 with committing the same number of turnovers as its opponent.
· The Beavers have now won eight of their last 10 league road games.
· After leading 14-3 after the first quarter in today's game, Oregon State has now outscored its opponents 290-88 in the first quarter over the last 51 games, including 255-64 in the last 27. The Beavers have allowed just 20 points (USC-7, Arizona-7, ASU-3, WSU-3) in the last 12 first quarters combined. The 20 points allowed this season are the fewest in the Pac-10.
· With Oregon State scoring 42 points against WSU, it has now scored 40+ points in consecutive games for the first time since 2003 when it defeated Arizona 52-23 and Stanford 43-3.
Oregon State Individual Notes
· With tonight's win over the Cougars, Mike Riley moves into second place on OSU's coaching record chart with 64 career wins. He moved past Tommy Prothro and now trails only Lon Stiner (1933-48) who had 74 wins.
· Jacquizz Rodgers two touchdown runs give him 19 for the season, which ties for the OSU single season record - Ken Simonton (1999 & 2000) and Steven Jackson (2003). It gives him 120 points scored this season which is second all-time behind Steven Jackson (2003) who had 132.
· Jacquizz Rodgers rushed for 165 yards to move into sixth on the single season rushing list with 1,313 rushing yards.
· James Rodgers caught 6 passes giving him 77 on the season, moving him up to fourth on OSU's all-time single season list ... he remains sixth on OSU's career receptions list with 147.
· Colby Prince's 3rd quarter, 4th down reception was the first catch of his career.
· Markus Wheaton's 3rd quarter touchdown rush was the first score of his career.
· Jovan Stevenson's 4th quarter 39 yard rush is a career long. His 4th quarter TD is the first of his career.
· Kevan Walker's 4th quarter reception is his first of his career.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 6:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 8:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 6:00pm PTLive