No. 8 Men's Tennis Turns Away No. 29 Boise State 6-1
Feb. 19, 2010
STANFORD, Calif.- Playing back at home for the first time in two weeks, No. 8 Stanford easily dispatched of No. 29 Boise State 6-1 on Friday afternoon at the Taube Family Tennis Stadium.
Stanford improved to 7-1 with the victory while Boise State falls to 3-3.
The singles matches were played first, with the Cardinal locking up victories at five of the six positions. After Greg Hirshman, Ryan Thacher and Bradley Klahn all posted straight-set victories, Denis Lin provided the clincher on court six for a 4-0 lead with a 6-3, 7-6 win over Jeff Mullen.
Stanford has yet to lose a match this year at the No. 6 spot.
Boise State picked up its only point on court four, with Filipp Pogostkin defeating Matt Kandath 6-4, 6-2.
Stanford is back in action on Saturday, Feb. 20, hosting California at 1 p.m. Saturday is also USTA Campus Kids' Day, which kicks off with a free 'hit-around' with members of the Stanford Tennis Club. Registration begins at 11:45 a.m. on the side of the stadium closest to the track. Prizes, pizza, autographed schedule posters and a short welcome address by a member of the men's tennis team will lead up to the match against the Golden Bears.
No. 8 Stanford 6, No. 29 Boise State 1
1) Kandath/Lin (STAN) d. Meredith/Skinner (BSU) 8-6
2) Walker Kehrer/Wire (STAN) d. Joli/Pogostkin (BSU) 9-8 (5)
3) Sam Ecker/Jamie Hutter (STAN) d. Mullen/Eric Sheldon (BSU) 9-7
1) No. 18 Bradley Klahn (STAN) d. No. 35 James Meredith (BSU) 6-4, 6-2
2) Ryan Thacher (STAN) d. Vicente Joli (BSU) 6-2, 6-4
3) Richard Wire (STAN) d. Harry Skinner (BSU) 6-7, 7-5, 1-0 (9)
4) Filipp Pogostkin (BSU) d. Matt Kandath (STAN) 6-4, 6-2
5) Greg Hirshman (STAN) d. Cristian Hodel (BSU) 6-1, 6-2
6) Denis Lin (STAN) d. Jeff Mullen (BSU) 6-3, 7-6
Order of Finish: 5, 2, 1, 6, 4, 3
Wed 9/26 | 7:00pm PTLive
Thu 9/27 | 12:00pm PTLive