Women's Hoops To Hold Silent Auction Saturday
Feb. 23, 2010
SEATTLE - The University of Washington women's basketball team will hold its silent auction on Saturday before the Pac-10 rivalry game against Washington State at Bank of America Arena.
The 2010 auction will begin at 10:30 a.m. and will take place on the concourse of the arena in front of the Husky Hall of Fame. There will be over 50 items for bid, with all proceeds benefiting the Husky women's basketball program.
Some of the items include a Trek 820 mountain bike, an autographed Sara Mosiman jersey, dinner at Buca di Beppo with select members of the UW team, vintage wines or sideline passes to a Washington football game. Also included is a dinner with Coach Tia Jackson, cooked by her mother at a private home. Another package is a golf outing with Coach Jackson at Washington National.
One of the more intriguing items is a chance for the winning bidder and friends to take some cuts against star UW softball pitcher Danielle Lawrie, who led the Huskies to a National Championship last year. In an exhibition that summer, Lawrie put on a much-publicized demonstration against a group of local sports writers. Now she's ready to take on fans of the Washington women's basketball program.
The annual auction is the main fundraiser that helps generate revenue to support foreign trips, special equipment purchases and other basketball needs.
Here's a sampling of the top 2010 auction items
- Trek 820 Mountain Bike
- Golf with Tia Jackson and her brother at Washington National
- Honorary Captain at a 2010-11 women's basketball game
- 14K White Gold Diamond Heart Pendant
- UW football game in the president's box at Husky Stadium
- Birthday pizza party at a women's basketball game
- Autographed Sami Whitcomb warm-up jacket
- Watch a Seattle Storm WNBA game with assistant coach Loree Payne
- A Taste of Washington Cabernet Sauvignons
- Autographed memorabilia from the Seattle Storm
- Dinner for six with Coach Tia Jackson at an upscale Belltown condo
- Pizza Party with the team at Varlamos
- Roundtrip airfare, first-class accommodations, ground transportation and breakfast in the Scandinavian countries - UW's 2011 foreign trip.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 12:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 2:00pm PTLive