Game Three Post-Game Notes: Arizona State vs. California
March 12, 2010
· Cal’s all-time record in Tournament games is 8-8. ASU’s all-time record is now 9-8.
· This was the first Tournament quarterfinal matchup between these teams. Overall, Cal is now 3-1 vs. ASU in the Tournament. (2003: Cal 46, ASU 38; 2007: ASU 60, Cal 53; and 2008: Cal 65, ASU 61)
· Cal has reached the Tournament’s semifinal round for the 4th consecutive year.
· This game broke a 4-4 tie in games between the #4 and #5 seeds in the Tournament.
· There were three ties and three lead changes in the game’s first 7:13. Cal used an 8-0 run to erase a one point ASU advantage (8-7) and take its biggest lead of the half (15-8) with 8:34 to go. Cal responded with a 16-2 run to regain the lead, 24-17. After the Bears scored the next seven points to tie the game for the fourth time, ASU’s Becca Tobin converted a layup to give the Sun Devils a 26-24 halftime lead.
· Cal’s Rachelle Frederico was assessed a flagrant foul and ejected from the game with 3:45 go in the first half.
· ASU took a 4 point lead (36-32) at 13:50 to go in the 2nd half. Cal then went on a 13-3 run to take a 45-39 lead with 5:46 to go. DeNesha Stallworth had 6 points in the run. Cal never trailed after that.
· Cal won for the 6th time this season in the 16 games it has trailed at halftime.
· With the 15 points she scored today, Cal’s Alexis Gray-Lawson has now scored 538 points this season for a per game average of 17.9. She also moved into 8th place on the Bears’ single season scoring list and notched her 23rd double digit scoring game of the season.
· Cal forward Gennifer Brandon grabbed 10 rebounds to lead all players in the game. It was her 9th double digit rebounding game of the season and 4th in the last 6 games.
· Cal held ASU’s Danielle Orsillo to 7 points. It was only the fifth time this season Orsillo has failed to score in double figures .
· Nine of the eleven Sun Devils who played both scored and had at least one rebound.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 12:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 3:00pm PTLive