Baseball Hosts Maine In Four-Game Set
March 18, 2010
Oregon State (10-3) vs. Maine (7-8)
RHP Greg Peavey (1-0, 2.21) vs. TBA
March 19, 2010 • 5:30 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium
Oregon State takes on Maine in the first game of a four-game series Friday night at 5:30 p.m. PT at Goss Stadium.
The game will air live on the Beaver Sports Network, Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com), with Mike Parker calling the action. For more information on catching the Beavers on the radio, check osubeavers.com.
The game will not be televised.
Catch live updates of the game by visiting osubeavers.com and clicking on Gametracker. The game will also be available via a live audio stream on Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com) for a fee.
Tanner Robles scattered two runs and four hits over 6 2/3 innings, and Parker Berberet went 2-for-4 with two runs batted in as the twenty-first ranked Oregon State baseball team defeated Portland, 9-2, Sunday at Goss Stadium. With the win, the Beavers swept through their Spring Tournament, taking all three games over the weekend. Robles allowed two runs in the first, then proceeded to get into the seventh allowing just two hits.
That’s A Homestand
Oregon State is in the midst of an 11-game homestand, and is 3-0 entering the weekend series with Maine. The 11-game stand is the longest for OSU since playing 10 straight at Goss in 2007.
Don’t Walk That Way
Oregon State relievers have allowed 37 walks this season, an average of 2.8 per game. Through the first 13 games of last season, OSU had allowed 56, or 4.3 per game.
Those reduction in walks issued by OSU pitchers has certainly helped the ERA. OSU’s ERA is 2.80 this season, compared to last year’s 4.98 through 13 games.
Notes Of Importance
• OSU pitchers have struck out nearly three batters per every walk issued. By comparsion, the Beavers’ batters have struck out only 1.5 times per every walk taken.
• Adalberto Santos is on a four-game hit streak entering Friday and is 6-for-15 (.400) during it.
• OSU has not played Maine since 1994, and is 3-0 against the Black Bears. Neither Pat Casey nor his players have ever played Maine.
• OSU is on a four-game win streak, a season long. The Beavers had three win streaks of four or more games last season.
• Oregon State’s next victory will give the program 2,000 all-time. OSU is 1,999-1,327-15 entering Friday’s game.
• Friday marks the last day of Finals on the Oregon State campus. The Beavers have spring break next week.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 12:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 3:00pm PTLive