Baseball Takes On Southern Utah Wednesday
March 22, 2010
Oregon State (14-3) vs. Southern Utah (4-12)
TBA vs. TBA
March 24, 2010 • 5:30 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium
Oregon State plays in its first midweek game of the season Wednesday when the Beavers play host to Southern Utah at Goss Stadium. First pitch is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. PT.
The game will air live on the Beaver Sports Network, Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com), with Mike Parker calling the action. For more information on catching the Beavers on the radio, check osubeavers.com.
The game will not be televised.
Catch live updates of the game by visiting osubeavers.com and clicking on Gametracker. The game will also be available via a live audio stream on Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com) for a fee.
Tyler Smith and Adalberto Santos each hit solo home runs and Matt Boyd allowed one run over 6 1/3 innings as the 18th-ranked Oregon State baseball swept its four-game series with Maine with a 2-1 victory Sunday at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. Smith’s and Santos’ home runs were solo and came in the Beavers’ two-run third. Boyd lasted 6 1/3 innings, allowing four hits and a run while striking out four.
A Cure For What Ails You
Oregon State came into the Maine series with a .243 batting average. The Beavers improved that to .268 after hitting .343 over the four-game series. OSU collected 13 doubles and seven home runs in the series.
On The Other End
OSU was able to lower its ERA to 2.73, as well. The Beavers finished with an ERA of 2.50 over the weekend as Maine batted just .195, totaling 26 hits, only nine of which were extra bases.
Hayes A 5-Gamer
Danny Hayes is on a five-game hit streak and is 8-for-17 (.471) during it.
Notes Of Importance
• The Beavers are on an eight-game win streak, which is the team’s longest since a 10-gamer to end the 2007 season.
• OSU’s 14-3 record is the team’s best start to open a season since the 2007 club went 22-3.
• The Beavers have 14 home runs through 17 games this season. OSU had eight through the first 17 games last season.
• The Beavers are 4-1 in one-run games this season, including 4-0 at home. OSU was 6-7 overall in one-run games last season.
• OSU’s starters have eight quality starts through the first 17 games this season. The Beavers had 16 in all of 2009.
• The Beavers are 19-1 in non-conference home games dating back to the 2009 season.
• OSU has scored 32 runs in the third this season, compared to just three by its opponents.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 6:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 8:00pm PTLive