Bruins Blank Broncos, 7-0
March 31, 2010
LOS ANGELES - The UCLA men's tennis team registered its fourth straight shutout on Wednesday, as the ninth-ranked Bruins cruised to a 7-0 victory over Boise State at the Los Angeles Tennis Center.
UCLA (11-4) has also not lost a doubles match in during the four-match winning streak, as the Bruins cruised to three straight wins on Wednesday. UCLA's best showing came at court No. 1, where 41st-ranked Amit Inbar and Nick Meister downed Alex Bothe and James Meredith, 8-0. The win ups their record to 11-2 overall and 8-2 in dual matches.
In singles, Meister, ranked 89th nationally, posted his third straight upset when he downed Meredith, 6-2, 6-3. Meredith is ranked No. 48 in the country in the latest ITA Singles Rankings.
The Bruins posted straight-set wins on four other courts, with the only match going to three sets coming at court No. 6, where Alex Brigham downed Jeff Mullen, 6-3, 2-6, 7-5.
The Bruins continue Pac-10 play with two top 20 opponents this weekend. The No. 17 Cal Golden Bears visit the LATC this Friday at 1:30 p.m., and No. 7 Stanford squares off against UCLA on Saturday at 1:00 p.m.
#9 UCLA 7, #42 Boise State 0 UCLA Wins Doubles Point
Mar 31, 2010 at Los Angeles, CA (Los Angeles Tennis Center)
1. #41 Inbar/Meister (UCLA) def. Bothe/Meredith (BSU) 8-0
2. Brigham/Seguso (UCLA) def. Joli/Pogostkin (BSU) 8-3
3. Brooklyn/Kallim Stewart (UCLA) def. Mullen/Erik Sheldon (BSU) 8-4
1. #89 Nick Meister (UCLA) def. #48 James Meredith (BSU) 6-2, 6-3
2. #52 Matt Brooklyn (UCLA) def. Vicente Joli (BSU) 6-2, 6-4
3. #102 Amit Inbar (UCLA) def. Harry Skinner (BSU) 6-3, 6-2
4. Holden Seguso (UCLA) def. Filipp Pogostkin (BSU) 6-1, 6-0
5. Maxime Tabatruong (UCLA) def. Alex Bothe (BSU) 6-2, 6-3
6. Alex Brigham (UCLA) def. Jeff Mullen (BSU) 6-3, 2-6, 7-5
Boise State 13-8; National ranking #42
UCLA 11-4; National ranking #9
Order of finish: Doubles (1,2,3); Singles (4,5,1,3,2,6)
UCLA Wins Doubles Point