Baseball Opens Week At Home Tuesday Versus Portland
April 5, 2010
Oregon State (18-6) vs. Portland (18-6)
TBA vs. LHP Ed Wakefield (1-1, 4.32)
April 6, 2010 • 5:30 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium
Two 18-6 clubs meet Tuesday night in a midweek affair at Goss Stadium. First pitch between Oregon State and Portland is scheduled for 5:30 p.m.
The games will air live on the Beaver Sports Network, Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com), with Mike Parker calling the action. For more information on catching the Beavers on the radio, check osubeavers.com.
The game will not be televised.
Catch live updates of the game by visiting osubeavers.com and clicking on Gametracker. The game will also be available via a live audio and video stream on Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com) for a fee.
Sam Gaviglio scattered two runs over 5 1/3 in his first start of the season, and Kraig Sitton got out of a bases loaded jam in the ninth as the 21st-ranked Beavers posted a series-clinching victory over USC, 4-3, Saturday afternoon at Dedeaux Field. The Trojans managed to get the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth, and Sitton came on with two outs in the inning. He walked the first batter, pinch hitter Garret Houts, but then got Joe De Pinto swinging for his second save of the season.
Oregon State was one of two Pacific-10 Conference teams to win road series this past weekend, the other being Arizona State. The teams are the only ones to win road series in two weeks of Pac-10 play thus far.
Win Streak Vs. UP
The Beavers have won eight straight games against Portland, dating back to the 2007 season. OSU’s longest all-time streak against the Pilots is 21, achieved from 1959-69.
Oregon State enters Tuesday’s game with an unofficial RPI of 12.
Notes Of Importance
• Oregon State won a one-run game against USC on Saturday, and is 5-1 in one-run games this season. The Beavers were 7-9 in such games last season.
• The Beavers are 6-2 in games decided by two runs or less.
• OSU relievers have inherited 51 runners this season, and just 16 have scored, giving the Beavers a 69-percent success rate in keeping them from scoring.
• Pat Casey needs six victories for 700 all-time as a collegiate head coach.
• The No. 17 ranking by Baseball America is tied for the team’s highest ranking of the season. OSU was No. 17 on March 22 as well.
• OSU’s game against Portland Tuesday is the team’s last non-conference game until taking on Oregon April 27 in Eugene.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 11:00am PTLive
TOMORROW | 5:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 7:00pm PTLive