Bruins Cruise over Arizona, 7-0
April 9, 2010
LOS ANGELES - The No. 8 UCLA women's tennis team notched its eighth shutout of the season on Friday after cruising to a 7-0 victory over Arizona in a Pac-10 conference match at the Los Angeles Tennis Center.
UCLA's Andrea Remynse and Yasmin Schnack, who had their 10-match winning streak snapped at Stanford last week, got back to their winning ways on Friday, posting an 8-0 win over Jane Huh and Sarah Landsman at court No. 1. The Bruins' other two doubles teams followed suit, winning 8-1 and 8-3 at court Nos. 2 and 3, respectively.
UCLA (17-3; 4-1 Pac-10) also cruised in singles, winning all six matches in straight sets. With her win on Friday, Remynse joined Schnack and Stephanie Hoffpauir in the 20-win club, improving to 20-9 on the year with a 6-1, 6-2 victory over Landsman at court No. 2. Playing next door at court No. 1, Schnack posted her team-best 27th win of the season by downing Natasha Marks, 6-1, 6-2.
With the loss, Arizona, which heads to USC tomorrow, falls to 12-7 overall and 1-5 in the Pac-10.
UCLA hosts No. 21 Arizona State tomorrow at Noon. The Sun Devils lost to USC, 5-2 on Friday.
#8 UCLA 7, #56 Arizona 0 UCLA Wins Doubles Point
Apr 09, 2010 at Los Angeles, CA (Los Angeles Tennis Center)
1. #4 Remynse/Schnack (UCLA) def. Huh/Landsman (ARIZ) 8-0
2. Noelle Hickey/Nina Pantic (UCLA) def. Rietsch/Toporowska (ARIZ) 8-1
3. Montez/Seguso (UCLA) def. Castany/Marks (ARIZ) 8-3
1. #5 Yasmin Schnack (UCLA) def. #105 Natasha Marks (ARIZ) 6-2, 6-2
2. #31 Andrea Remynse (UCLA) def. #84 Sarah Landsman (ARIZ) 6-1, 6-2
3. Pamela Montez (UCLA) def. Claire Rietsch (ARIZ) 6-1, 7-5
4. Maya Johansson (UCLA) def. Natalia Toporowska (ARIZ) 6-1, 6-2
5. Stephanie Hoffpauir (UCLA) def. Debora Castany (ARIZ) 6-3, 6-1
6. Carling Seguso (UCLA) def. Jane Huh (ARIZ) 6-0, 6-0
Arizona 12-7; 1-5 Pac-10; National ranking #56
UCLA 17-3; 4-1 Pac-10; National ranking #8
Order of finish: Doubles (1,2,3); Singles (6,4,5,1,2,3)
UCLA Wins Doubles Point
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 12:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 3:00pm PTLive