Baseball Steps Out Of Pac-10 Play For In-State Battle With Oregon Tuesday night
April 26, 2010
Oregon State (21-13) vs. Oregon (27-13)
RHP Tyler Waldron (3-3, 5.94) vs. RHP Joey Housey (1-0, 1.15)
April 27, 2010 • 6 p.m. PT • Eugene, Ore. • PK Park
Oregon State moves out of conference play for a day to visit Oregon in an in-state battle Tuesday night. First pitch at PK Park is scheduled for 6 p.m. PT.
The game will air live on the Beaver Sports Network, Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com), with Mike Parker calling the action. For more information on catching the Beavers on the radio, check osubeavers.com.
The game will be televised live on Comcast SportsNet Northwest.
Catch live updates of the game by visiting osubeavers.com and clicking on Gametracker. The game will also be available via a live audio stream on Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com) for a fee.
Sam Gaviglio allowed one run over 6 2/3 innings and the Oregon State baseball team snapped a seven-game losing streak with a 3-2 victory over Washington State Sunday in the three-game series finale at Bailey-Brayton Field. The 6 2/3 innings marked a season-long for Gaviglio, who made his fourth start of the season and his ninth appearance. He worked the final 5 2/3 innings without allowing a run.
Santos On Another Five Gamer
Adalberto Santos extended his hit streak to five games Sunday, becoming the first Beaver with three such streaks this season. On this one, he is hitting .333 (7-for-21) with a home run.
Sam Gaviglio threw his first quality start this season on Sunday. OSU, as a team, has 15.
Notes Of Importance
• The Beavers are in the midst of a seven-game road trip, the team’s longest of the season.
• Adalberto Santos has reached base safely in all but two games this season. His only two not to reach base were Feb. 21 vs. Hawaii and March 20 vs. Maine.
• Santos is the only Beaver to start at the same position in all 34 games this season, doing so in center field.
• Oregon State out-hit WSU, 8-7, Sunday and is 16-0 this season when out-hitting an opponent, including a 6-0 mark on the road.
• The Beavers are also 15-5 when scoring first and 12-0 when limiting opponents to two runs or less.
• The OSU bullpen combined to work 7 2/3 innings against WSU, and allowed just five hits and two runs with five strikeouts.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 7:00pm PTLive
Thu 10/24 | 3:00pm PTLive