No. 23 Women's Tennis Falls in Second Round
May 15, 2010
The Arizona State women's tennis team saw their season come to an end as they fell 4-0 in the second round of the NCAA Championships to No. 7 UCLA. The Sun Devils ended their season with 14-6 overall record. This was the last match for senior Nadia Abdala.
The Sun Devils were unable to overcome the doubles point deficit as they were outst early in singles play. Kelcy McKenna was the first off the court as she fell 6-1, 6-2 to Hickey while freshman Hannah James suffered a 6-3, 6-0 loss at No. 4 singles. In her first dual match loss of the season, Brycki fell 6-2, 6-4 to Maya Johansson, giving the Bruins a 4-0 advantage and the win.
Junior Micaela Hein will compete in the NCAA Singles Championship. Currently ranked 50th, Hein earned an at large bid for the tournament which begins May 26.
1. Remynse/Schnack (UCLA) def. Hein/McKenna (ASU) 8-3
2. Abdala/Brycki (ASU) def. Hickey/Pantic (UCLA) 8-2
3. Montez/Seguso (UCLA) def. Brown/Simmons (ASU) 8-4
1. Yasmin Schnack (UCLA) vs. Micaela Hein (ASU) 6-2, 5-2, unfinished
2. Noelle Hickey (UCLA) def. Kelcy McKenna (ASU) 6-1, 6-2
3. Andrea Remynse (UCLA) vs. Nadia Abdala (ASU) 7-5, 1-1, unfinished
4. Pamela Montez (UCLA) def. Hannah James (ASU) 6-3, 6-0
5. Maya Johansson (UCLA) def. Michelle Brycki (ASU) 6-2, 6-4
6. Sianna Simmons (ASU) vs. Stephanie Hoffpauir (UCLA) 6-3, 4-3, unfinished
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 4:00pm PTLive