Baseball Stays At Home For Midweek Series With Seattle
May 17, 2010
Oregon State (26-19) vs. Seattle (9-36)
TBA vs. TBA
May 18, 2010 • 5:30 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium
Oregon State starts its final home non-conference games of the season with a Tuesday contest against Seattle. First pitch from Goss Stadium is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. PT.
The game will air live on the Beaver Sports Network, Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com), with Mike Parker calling the action. For more information on catching the Beavers on the radio, check osubeavers.com.
The game will not be televised.
Catch live updates of the game by visiting osubeavers.com and clicking on Gametracker. The game will also be available via a live audio and video stream on Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com) for a fee.
Andrew Susac doubled to give Oregon State an early lead but the Beavers could not hold on and lost to Washington, 3-2, Sunday in the series finale at Goss Stadium. Washington scored the go ahead run in the eighth when Jacob Lamb walked on a 3-1 pitch from Oregon State reliever Kraig Sitton. It forced in Eric Peterson, who had been hit by a pitch from OSU starter Sam Gaviglio to start the inning. Sitton had come in for Gaviglio with one out in the inning and proceeded to walk three straight.
Norris Bump Up The BA
Jared Norris posted a double Sunday and is now on a five-game hit streak. It started May 9 and he is 7-for-19 (.368) during it, raising his average to .207 from .179.
Long Time Against Seattle
Oregon State meets Seattle for the first time since 1973. Seattle reinstated baseball prior to this season.
Gaviglio Adds To The Qulaity Starts
Sam Gaviglio threw a quality start Sunday, giving the OSU pitching staff 18 this season.
Notes Of Importance
• The Beavers failed to hit a home run Sunday, snapping their streak at seven games, which is the longest of the season.
• OSU will be going for its 19th and 20th home wins this week, which would give OSU at least 20 at Goss for the first time since winning 27 in 2006.
• The Beavers are 12-4 in non-conference home games.
• Oregon State is 9-3 this season against teams from the Pacific Northwest (Portland, Oregon, Washington and Washington State).
• Andrew Susac’s two RBI Sunday gave him a multiple-RBI game for the first time this season.
• Stefen Romero extended his hit streak to 13 games with an infield single Sunday.
• Jared Norris is the eighth Beaver with at least one five-game hit streak this season.
TODAY | 12:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 2:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 5:00pm PTLive