Pac-10 Game of the Week: Washington at Arizona
This should be one of the most entertaining games in all of college football on Saturday. The Huskies travel to Arizona to face off against the Wildcats in an important Pac-10 matchup.
Players to Watch
• QB Matt Scott, Jr. - Taking over for the injured Nick Foles, Scott is an entirely different commodity who can make plays with his feet as well as his arm. Outstanding athlete who can fly.
• RB Nic Grigsby, Sr. - Has been sharing time this season but flashed his ability last week with a 66 yard TD jaunt.
• DE Ricky Elmore, Sr. - This high motor performer needs to contain the outside and limit Jake Locker as a run threat. Team leader in sacks with 8.5.
• LB Paul Vassallo, Jr. - This fiery LB leads the Wildcats in tackles after six games. Needs to have a big say in shutting down the run.
• CB Shaquille Richardson, Fr. - The rangy frosh had two INT's in his debut last week. Expect Locker to go his way often. Very good ball skills and leaping ability.
• OT Cody Habben, Sr. - The underrated Habben needs to shut down Arizona sack leader Ricky Elmore.
• WR Devin Aguilar, Jr. - Has to step it up a notch as teammate Kearse will likely see his share of double coverages.
• LB Mason Foster, Sr. - Continues to lead the Pac-10 in tackles averaging 12 per game. Smart and instinctive leader.
• LB Victor Aiyewa, Sr. - This versatile linebacker has been all over the field this season for the Huskies.
• S Nate Williams, Sr. - The hard-hitting Williams has to patrol the deep end with a vengeance to slow the Wildcats talented WR Juron Criner.
This should be one of the most entertaining games in all of college football on Saturday. With Jake Locker coming off a five TD effort last week vs. Oregon State, expect the Arizona defense to show several different looks up front while disguising coverages in the back end. The Wildcats are without starting QB Nick Foles (injured knee) though back up Matt Scott adds a running dimension that is not easy to contain. This game could very well go down to the wire with the last team possessing the ball ending up with the victory.
Wash. (3-3) at Ariz. (5-1)
Oct. 23 - 6:15 p.m. PT
TOMORROW | 7:00pm PTLive