Civil War: Oregon at Oregon State
OREGON (11-0) at OREGON STATE (5-6)
Oregon players to watch:
- RB #21 LaMichael James, So. - The electrifying All-American has rushed for over 1600 yards and 19 TDs.
- QB #1 Darron Thomas, So. - This stellar leader of the Ducks' read option attack has thrown for an impressive 26 TDs with only 7 INTs.
- WR #23 Jeff Maehl, Sr. - The clutch go-to receiver has 61 catches and 12 TDs on the year. Excellent route runner.
- DE #58 Kenny Rowe, Sr. - Outstanding blitzer with 12 TFLs and 6 sacks on the year. Very disruptive off the edge.
- DT #88 Brandon Bair, Sr. - At 6'6-275 this player is difficult to block and plays hard on every snap. Leads the Ducks with 16 TFL's.
Oregon State players to watch:
- RB #1 Jacquizz Rodgers, Jr. - The diminutive back has deceptive running strength for a small man. Outstanding production.
- WR #2 Markus Wheaton, So. - Leads the Beavers in catches with 45 including several key third down receptions.
- DT #54 Stephen Paea, Sr. - The quick and explosive interior lineman has 6 sacks on the season.
- LB #59 Dwight Roberson, Sr. - Very consistent and sure tackler as he leads the Beavers with 84 tackles on the year.
The only thing standing in the way of Oregon playing in the national championship is a loss to bitter in-state rival Oregon State. Despite Oregon's talent and undefeated record, these heated rivalries have a way of staying close for four quarters. This Duck squad, in my view, is the best in the history of Oregon football. The difference is not only do they have arguably the nation's number one offense, but a very fast and aggressive defense as well. That is a lethal combination to play against.
Dave Razzano is a former NFL scout with more than 22 years of professional scouting experience with the San Francisco 49ers, St. Louis Rams and Arizona Cardinals under NFL coaches Bill Walsh, George Seifert, Chuck Knox and Dick Vermeil. He's been a part of five Super Bowls with three Super Bowl wins (49ers, 1989, 1990; Rams, 2000).
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 12:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 2:00pm PTLive