Pac-12 Conference Play Begins
PAC-12 MEN'S SOCCER NOTES
• Pac-12 play opens this week with UCLA and San Diego State hosting California and Stanford. Washington, back in the NSCAA rankings at No. 22, travels to Oregon State. UCLA and Cal, picked to finish first and second in the conference standings, face off on Friday, Sept. 30.
• Stanford JR MF Adam Jahn earned Bank of the West Player of the Week honors after scoring the game-winning goal in the 1-0 win over Harvard and providing an assist in the Cardinal's 2-1 victory over Vermont. Stanford went 2-0 over the weekend, bringing its record up to 3-4-1. The Cardinal enter conference play with momentum.
• Cal RS FR GK Kevin Peach made his debut for the Golden Bears, making 10 saves in their 3-0 win over Vermont at the Stanford Nike Classic. FR MF Seth Casiple tallied his fifth assist of the season to lead the Pac-12 and rank eighth in the NCAA with 0.71 assists per game.
• SDSU extended its unbeaten streak to five matches in a 0-0 double-overtime tie with Central Arkansas. RS SR MF Pedro Adan had one shot while helping the defense limit Central Arkansas to two shots on goal. The Aztecs recorded their third shutout of the season.
• Washington dropped its first game in 2011 as Portland scored a last-minute goal on Wednesday, but rebounded with wins over Houston Baptist and UAB in the Husky Fever Classic. SR MF Casey McCool scored the game-winning goal in the 2-1 victory against No. 24/20 UAB. SO GK Spencer Richey has only allowed three goals all season and ranks fifth in the nation with a 0.349 goals against average.
• UCLA JR F Chander Hoffman continues to lead the Pac-12 in goals (9) and points (18). Hoffman scored one goal in each of the Bruins' games over the weekend. He has now scored 15 goals in his last 15 games. Earlier this season, he tied the UCLA record for consecutive games with a goal by scoring in five straight games.
• OSU JR MF Roberto Farfan scored his first goal of the season while FR F/MF Mike Reckmeyer notched the first of his career in close losses to UMKC and Cal State Bakersfield.
• Washington's Richards and UCLA SR MF/D Andy Rose are candidates for the Lowe's Senior CLASS Award, given to student-athletes who excel both on an off the field. The 30-candidate class will be narrowed to 10 finalists midway through the season. Fans and media will be able to vote at seniorCLASSaward.com.
Fri., Sept. 30
CALIFORNIA at No. 25/16 UCLA, 7 p.m.*
STANFORD at SAN DIEGO STATE, 1:30 p.m.*
No. 22/NR WASHINGTON at OREGON STATE, 7 p.m.*
Sun., Oct. 2
CALIFORNIA at SAN DIEGO STATE, 12 p.m.*
STANFORD at No. 25/16 UCLA, 3 p.m.*
* Pac-12 contest
Rankings - NSCAA/Soccer America
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 12:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 2:00pm PTLive