This week in Pac-12 men's soccer
By the Pac-12 Conference
BATTLE FOR THE PAC-12 CROWN BEGINS
After the opening week of Pac-12 Conference play just two teams remain undefeated in the Conference standings. Three men's soccer matches will be featured on the Pac-12 Networks this week including a battle of the undefeated as No. 8 UCLA will host WASHINGTON Monday, Oct. 8 at 7 p.m. SAN DIEGO STATE and STANFORD both stay at home this week, while CALIFORNIA, OREGON STATE and WASHINGTON hit the road. UCLA is ranked in all three national soccer polls, sixth in NSCAA and fifth in Soccer America and College Soccer News. WASHINGTON is ranked 30th in the College Soccer News poll. UCLA's senior midfielder Ryan Hollingshead was named the Pac-12 Men's Soccer Player of the Week after a four point performance on the weekend. The Pac-12 finished their non-conference play 27-14-6. The teams had a higher average Conference winning percentage (.635) than the past season, increasing their winning percentage by 6.3 percent over last year.
• NATIONAL NEWS: Three Pac-12 players were named to national teams of the week for their performances this past week.
- WASHINGTON JR GK Spencer Richey was named to TopDrawerSoccer.com team of the week after picking up his fifth shutout in 10 games this season.
- UCLA's SR MF Ryan Hollingshead picked up a spot on the College Soccer News team of the week after tallying four points off of a goal and two assists on the weekend.
- OREGON STATE's SR F Emery Welshman was placed on the Soccer America team of the week after a hat trick last weekend.
• ON A ROLL: UCLA has won 15 straight games over Pac-12 opponents and are unbeaten in their last 14 road matches.
• STELLAR KEEPERS: Pac-12 goalkeepers were hot this past weekend making 45 saves, averaging 4.5 saves per game. UCLA's RS SO Earl Edwards had a career high of seven stops in both games on the weekend.
• GOLDEN GOAL: Cal's SO F Stefano Bonomo has scored three-straight game-winning goals for the Golden Bears, including his latest in the double overtime victory over SAN DIEGO STATE.
• WINNING STREAK: Cal's six game win streak came to an end this weekend as UCLA was victorious in their match with the Golden Bears with a score of 3-1.
• PLAYER OF THE WEEK: UCLA's SR MF Ryan Hollingshead was named the Pac-12 Men's Soccer Player of the Week after leading the Bruins to a 2-0 start in Conference play sweeping the Bay Area schools. Hollingshead tallied a goal and two assists on the weekend.
• BACK ON TRACK: STANFORD earned a 1-0 victory over SAN DIEGO STATE on Sunday to snap its three-game losing streak. The Cardinal evened its Conference record at 1-1 with the victory and looks to build momentum off the win.
Thursday, October 4
California at Stanford, P12N, 7 p.m. PT*
Friday, October 5
Oregon State at UCLA, P12N, 3 p.m. PT*
Washington at San Diego State, 7 p.m. PT*
Sunday, October 7
Oregon State at San Diego State, 1 p.m. PT*
Monday, October 8
Washington at UCLA, P12N, 7 p.m. PT*
* indicates Conference game
Friday, September 28
San Diego State at California, CAL, 2-0 (2OT)
UCLA at Stanford, UCLA, 3-1
Sunday, September 30
UCLA at California, UCLA, 3-1
Oregon State at Washington, WASH, 1-0
San Diego State at Stanford, STAN, 2-0