This week in Pac-12 men's basketball
• ARIZONA CONTINUES TO HOLD TOP SPOT IN POLLS: Arizona holds the top spot for a school record eighth week in a row in the weekly polls. For the Wildcats, it’s the 37th time they’ve been ranked No. 1.
• The Pac-12 remains third in the Sagarin conference ratings thanks in large part to eight league teams listed among the top 56 (see page 3 for complete list).
• ARIZONA is one of three remaining undefeated NCAA I teams (Syracuse and Wichita State are the other two). Arizona’s 20-0 start to the season is its best in school history.
• After a slow start in league play, the home team has won 18 of the last 22 and now sport a 30-14 (.682) in Pac-12 play. . . ARIZONA and CALIFORNIA remain perfect at home this season, posting 14-0 and 10-0 marks respectively. The Wildcats have won 17 straight in McKale Center. . . Four others have just one blemish on their home court records this season - ARIZONA STATE (11-1), COLORADO (12-1), UCLA (13-1), and UTAH (14-1).
• Midseason Watch Lists: Four Pac-12 players are among the 25 players listed for the Wooden Award, which recognizes the nation’s top player. Those four are Kyle Anderson (UCLA), Aaron Gordon (Arizona), Nick Johnson (Arizona), and Joseph Young (Oregon). . . Gordon and Johnson are among the top 23 players listed for the USBWA Oscar Robertson Trophy, also recognizing the nation’s top player. . . Gordon is one of nine players on the Wayman Tisdale Award Midseason Watch List honoring the nation’s top freshman.
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE
Tues., Jan. 28, Time, Network
Pac-12 Coaches/Media Teleconference, 10:30 am PT
Wed., Jan. 29
No. 1 ARIZONA at STANFORD, 6 p.m. PT, ESPN2*
Series: ARIZ leads, 55-29. Streak: ARIZ 7
ARIZONA STATE at CALIFORNIA, 8 p.m. PT, ESPNU
Series: CAL leads, 37-36. Streak: ASU 1
Thurs., Jan. 30
USC at OREGON STATE, 6 p.m. PT, P12N
Series: USC leads, 65-59. Streak: USC 1
UCLA at OREGON, 6 p.m. PT, ESPN2*
Series: UCLA leads, 83-30. Streak: ORE 4
Sat., Feb. 1
UTAH at COLORADO, 12 noon MT, P12N
Series: COLO leads, 24-16. Streak: COLO 1
ARIZONA STATE at STANFORD, 1 p.m. PT, P12N
Series: STAN leads, 44-31. Streak: ASU 1
WASHINGTON at WASHINGTON STATE, 3 p.m. PT, P12N
Series: WASH leads, 177-100. Streak: WASH 6
USC at OREGON, 5 p.m. PT, P12N
Series: USC leads, 62-48. Streak: ORE 6
No. 1 ARIZONA at CALIFORNIA, 7:30 p.m. PT, P12N
Series: ARIZ leads, 56-29. Streak: CAL 1
Sun., Feb. 2
UCLA at OREGON STATE, 11:30 a.m. PT, ESPNU
Series: UCLA leads, 88-34. Streak: UCLA 1
* - ESPN3 Spanish simulcast
Rankings listed are AP poll; Game times local to site.