Men's hoops halfway through Pac-12 play
• ARIZONA DROPS TO No.2/No. 3: After holding the top spot in the polls for eight consecutive weeks, Arizona drops to No. 2 in the AP poll and No. 3 in the Coaches poll following its loss at California.
• EXTRA BASKETBALL: Nine of 10 league games last week were decided by six or fewer points, or in overtime. With three overtime games last week, the Pac-12 has now played seven overtime games in league play this year. The Pac-12 record is 13 overtime games during league play in 1986.
• AT THE TURN: The league reaches the halfway point of Pac-12 play. Since 1979 (the year the league expanded from the Pac-8 to the Pac-10 and began playing an 18-game schedule), a team that has led, or was tied for the lead at the turn, has gone on to win or share the Pac-12 regular season title in 33 of 35 seasons. The two exceptions - 1994 (UCLA led at the break, Arizona won the title) and 2013 (Arizona and Oregon led at the break, UCLA won the title).
• The Pac-12 is third in the Sagarin conference ratings thanks in large part to eight league teams listed among the top 58. Seven Pac-12 teams are among the top 50 in the latest NCAA RPI (see page 3 for complete lists).
• After a slow start in league play, the home team has won 25 of the last 32 and now sport a 37-17 (.685) in Pac-12 play. . . ARIZONA remains perfect at home this season, posting a 14-0 mark. The Wildcats have won 17 straight in McKale Center. . . Five others have just one blemish on their home court records this season - ARIZONA STATE (11-1), CALIFORNIA (11-1), COLORADO (13-1), UCLA (13-1), and UTAH (14-1).
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE
Tues., Feb. 4, Time, Network
Pac-12 Coaches/Media Teleconference, 10:30 am PT
Wed., Feb. 5
STANFORD at CALIFORNIA, 6 p.m. PT, ESPN2*
Series: CAL leads, 146-115. Streak: CAL 1
WASHINGTON STATE at COLORADO, 7:30 p.m. MT, P12N
Series: COLO leads, 4-1. Streak: COLO 3
Thurs., Feb. 6
OREGON at No. 2 ARIZONA, 7 p.m. MT, ESPN*
Series: ARIZ leads, 45-25. Streak: ORE 2
WASHINGTON at UTAH, 7 p.m. MT, P12N
Series: WASH leads, 8-6. Streak: WASH 1
OREGON STATE at ARIZONA STATE, 9 p.m. MT, FS1
Series: OSU leads, 42-35. Streak: ASU 3
Sat., Feb. 8
OREGON at ARIZONA STATE, 3 p.m. MT, FS1
Series: ASU leads, 41-34. Streak: ORE 3
WASHINGTON STATE at UTAH, 6 p.m. MT, P12N
Series: UTAH leads, 14-4. Streak: WSU 2
UCLA at USC, 7:30 p.m. PT, P12N
Series: UCLA leads, 134-105. Streak: UCLA 2
Sun., Feb. 9
OREGON STATE at No. 2 ARIZONA, 5 p.m. MT, P12N
Series: ARIZ leads, 56-20. Streak: ARIZ 5
WASHINGTON at COLORADO, 6 p.m. MT, ESPNU*
Series: WASH leads, 9-7. Streak: WASH 2
* - ESPN3 Spanish simulcast
Rankings listed are AP poll; Game times local to site.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 2:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 6:00pm PTLive