This week in Pac-12 men's basketball
• HOME TEAMS PREVAIL... After two weeks of Pac-12 play, the home team is 16-4 (.800). So far this season, Pac-12 teams have racked up a 97-14 (.874) home court record... All Pac-12 teams have a winning home court record this season. UTAH leads the way with a 11-0 home mark, followed by OREGON STATE at 10-0, ARIZONA at 9-0, and STANFORD at 8-0.
• POLL WATCHING... Two Pac-12 teams remain in this week’s Top 25 - UTAH (No. 8 AP/No. 8 Coaches) and ARIZONA (10/9)... The Wildcats have been ranked in 50-straight AP polls, including 30-straight weeks in the top 10... It’s the highest ranking for the Utes since they finished the 1998-99 season at No. 6... When Utah faces Arizona on Saturday, it’ll mark the first meeting between two Top 10 teams in league play since March 6, 2008 when No. 3 UCLA defeated No. 7 Stanford, 77-67 (OT) in Pauley Pavilion... Did you know: Arizona and Utah are two of five athletic programs to have its basketball and football programs ranked in the current AP Top 25 (also Baylor, Louisville, and Wisconsin).
• NO PLACE LIKE HOME... Arizona is currently riding a 30-game winning streak at McKale Center, the fifth-longest in program history. Since 2010-11, the Wildcats lead the Pac-12 in home court winning percentage and is 83-11 (.883)... In the Huntsman Center, Utah has a scoring margin of +27.4 in its 11 home games this season... Colorado is now 69-10 (.873) at the Coors Events Center under coach Tad Boyle... OREGON STATE improved to 10-0 at Gill Coliseum this season, equaling their best record since the 1981-82 and 1983-84 teams concluded their seasons 11-0 (the 1998-99 team also started 10-0).
• LOVE FOR THE ROAD... WASHINGTON STATE has won two-straight road Pac-12 games for the first time since the 2008-09 season. The Cougars own two of the league’s four conference road game victories.
• Oregon State’s win over No. 7 Arizona is its first win over a top-10 team since it defeated No. 3 Arizona, 70-69, in overtime on March 2, 2000 at Gill Coliseum... With an 11-4 overall record, Oregon State equaled its best start since the 1989-90 team opened 13-2 (the 2011-12 team also started 11-4).
• UTAH owns a six-game winning streak, its longest over Division I opponents since winning eight straight during the 2008-09 season.
• UCLA forward Kevon Looney is the only freshman in the nation currently averaging a double-double, with season marks of 13.1 points and 10.3 rebounds per game.
• OREGON freshman F Jordan Bell has tallied a school single-season record 59 blocked shots this season, which ranks tied for fifth on the Pac-12 single-season list for freshmen. His eight blocked shots in the win over Arizona State tied the school’s single-game record.
• WASHINGTON STATE sophomore F Josh Hawkinson has posted double digit rebounds in seven straight games, averaging 12.9 rpg during that span.
• When it comes to career minutes, career points and career assists, COLORADO senior G Askia Booker is only the fourth player in CU history with over 3,200 minutes, 1,400 points and 280 assists.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive