This week in Pac-12 men's basketball
• In Pac-12 play, the home team is 30-12 (.714). Overall, Pac-12 teams have racked up a 112-22 (.836) home court record this season... Three Pac-12 teams remain undefeated at home. UTAH leads the way with a 13-0 home record, followed by and OREGON STATE at 12-0 and ARIZONA at 11-0.
• The Oregon schools head to the desert looking to keep pace with league leaders ARIZONA and UTAH. The Beavers are off to their best start since 1990 when it was 16-3/6-1 through 19 games overall/seven league contests.
• ARIZONA (No. 6 AP/No. 6 Coaches) and UTAH (No. 11/No. 10) remain in this week’s Top 25... Arizona has been ranked in 52-straight AP polls, including 32-straight weeks in the top 10.
• With six Pac-12 teams having 14 or more wins, no other conference has a better percentage of 14-win teams among its membership entering Monday’s action.
• The Pac-12 Networks will televise the debut season of ‘THE DRIVE: PAC-12 BASKETBALL, PRESENTED BY 5-HOUR ENERGY’ set to premiere January 28 at 9 p.m. PT. The Drive: Pac-12 Basketball will go behind-the-scenes, offering fans unprecedented access to Pac-12 Men’s Basketball both on and off the court. The unique aspect of the basketball series is that all 12 Conference men’s basketball programs will be featured across the eight-episode season.
• NO PLACE LIKE HOME... Arizona is currently riding a 32-game winning streak at McKale Center, the fifth-longest in program history. Since 2010-11, the Wildcats lead the Pac-12 in home court winning percentage and is 85-11 (.883)... In the Huntsman Center, Utah has a scoring margin of +26.7 in its 13 home games this season... Colorado is now 70-11 (.864) at the Coors Events Center under coach Tad Boyle.
• In Pac-12 play dating back to 1979, no set of home partners (ARIZ/ASU, CAL/STAN, ORE/OSU, UCLA/USC, WASH/WSU, COLO/UTAH) has combined to be a perfect 18-0 at home in league play. Only three times have home partners managed to combine for a 17-1 record in home league games: 2014 (ARIZ/ASU), 1997 (CAL/STAN), 1992 (UCLA/USC).
• OREGON STATE is 14-5 overall and 5-2 in Pac-12 play. It’s the best record since the 1989-90 team, led by Gary Payton, was 16-3 and 6-1... The Beavers are a perfect 12-0 at Gill Coliseum this season and have won five straight Pac-12 home games for the first time since the 2005 season. The last time they had a longer streak was over three seasons from 1989-91 when they won 14 straight conference home games.
• Should ARIZONA pick up a pair of wins this week, it’ll mark the fifth consecutive 20-win season and the 26th 20-win season over the last 28 years for the Wildcats.
• STANFORD senior guard Chasson Randle become the third player in school history, and 15th player in Pac-12 history to reach 2,000 career points. The last Pac-12 player to reach 2,000 points was UCLA’s Jason Kapono in 2003 when he finished his career with 2,095 points. Randle currently has 2,035 career points and needs six assist to become one of six players all-time in Pac-12 history with 2,000 points/300 assists.
Sean Elliott, ARIZ (1986-89): 2,555 pts/451 ast
Todd Lichti, STAN (1986-89): 2,336 pts/304 ast
Gary Payton, OSU (1987-90): 2,172 pts/938 ast
Ron Lee, ORE (1973-76): 2,085 pts/572 ast
Eddie House, ASU (1997-00): 2,044 pts/405 ast
Chasson Randle, STAN (2012-15): 2,035 pts/294 ast
• UTAH junior guard Brandon Taylor has found his groove from beyond the arc in Pac-12 play as he is shooting 21-of-34 (.618) from three-point range. In 12 non-conference games, he hit 19-of-52 (.365) from three-point territory.
• UCLA forward Kevon Looney continues to be the only freshman in the nation to average a double-double with 13.0 points and 10.2 rebounds per game.
• COLORADO sophomore F Wesley Gordon has led the Buffaloes in rebounding in all seven Pac-12 Conference games this season (10.6 rpg in Pac-12 play). Gordon’s two-game conference total of 31 rebounds over the last two games is the second most by a CU player in 11 years when Lamar Harris had 32 in 2003-04.
UPCOMING PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL SCHEDULE
Wed., Jan. 28, Time, (Network)
OREGON STATE at ARIZONA STATE, 6 p.m. (P12N)
Series: OSU leads, 44-36. Last: OSU, 55-47. Streak: OSU 2
OREGON at No. 6 ARIZONA, 8 p.m. (P12N)
Series: ARIZ leads, 47-26. Last: ARIZ, 80-62. Streak: ARIZ 1
STANFORD at WASHINGTON, 8 p.m. (ESPNU)
Series: STAN leads, 72-69. Last: STAN, 68-61 OT. Streak: STAN 1
THE DRIVE: PAC-12 BASKETBALL, 9 p.m. (P12N)
Thurs., Jan. 29
COLORADO at USC, 6:30 p.m. (FOX Sports 1)
Series: COLO leads, 8-3. Last: COLO, 86-65. Streak: COLO 5
No. 11 UTAH at UCLA, 7 p.m. (ESPN2)
Series: UCLA leads, 7-6. Last: UTAH, 71-39. Streak: UTAH 1
CALIFORNIA at WASHINGTON STATE, 8 p.m. (P12N)
Series: CAL leads, 75-48. Last: WSU, 69-66. Streak: WSU 1
Fri., Jan. 30
OREGON at ARIZONA STATE, 6 p.m. (P12N)
Series: ASU leads, 42-36. Last: ORE, 50-56. Streak: ORE 2
OREGON STATE at No. 6 ARIZONA, 8 p.m. (P12N)
Series: ARIZ leads, 59-20. Last: OSU, 58-56. Streak: OSU 1
Sat., Jan. 31
STANFORD at WASHINGTON STATE, 5:30 p.m. (P12N)
Series: STAN, 74-59. Last: STAN, 71-56. Streak: STAN 5
COLORADO at UCLA, 7:30 p.m. (P12N)
Series: UCLA leads, 8-2. Last: COLO: 62-56. Streak: COLO 1
Sun., Feb. 1
No. 11 UTAH at USC, 11:30 a.m. (ESPNU)
Series: UTAH leads, 18-17. Last: UTAH, 79-55. Streak: UTAH 4
CALIFORNIA at WASHINGTON, 12 noon, P12N)
Series: CAL leads, 80-78. Last: CAL, 81-75. CAL 3
Rankings listed are AP poll; Game times local to site